SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Official day 3 check in :D (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/307424-official-day-3-check-d.html)

AugustWest11 09-13-2013 02:40 PM

Official day 3 check in :D

Have to work tonight; but awake now feeling good for a change; so decided I would check in sense I am so wanting for a beer :p lol Strange when the cravings decide to hit; but ehh what ya gonna do ..

Worker has been and gone; I put a new doorknob on, slept some earlier .. All in all it has been a productive day .. Ohh and saw the MIL again :p Strange but nothing too bizarre :)

AW

13unluckyforsom 09-13-2013 02:43 PM

It's official :) day 3! So that beer your wanting - are you going to let a silly wee bottle of beer be your downfall?

I don't think you are :) your far stronger :)

13unluckyforsom 09-13-2013 02:45 PM

Just imagine smashing that bottle of beer - such relief lol especially when you get to come back on day 4 fresh faced :)

AugustWest11 09-13-2013 03:00 PM

I am good; Cravings suck .. But again I am resolved in the fact I can not have 1 beer LOL Just would not happen :p Not to mention the store is too far away .. So yay Me LOL

AW

SlightlyOff 09-13-2013 03:00 PM

I'm going to a baseball game tonight for our pro team (who will remain unnamed), but let's put it this way .... they have spun apart in the last two weeks and probably have little chance of winning tonight (which puts their playoff hopes further in the tank). And these tickets, bought weeks ago, were my birthday present!! Lucky me (sarcasm.) Anyway, I don't like beer but I do like it when the temp is 95 and my team is losing.

But I'm NOT GONNA do it. Diet pepsi and fried dough for me.

AugustWest11 09-13-2013 03:41 PM

umm Ok :)

JaimeJaime 09-13-2013 03:44 PM

Day 3 is the worst!!! Don't give it all away to go back to square one!

EndGameNYC 09-13-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by SlightlyOff (Post 4178715)
I'm going to a baseball game tonight for our pro team (who will remain unnamed), but let's put it this way .... they have spun apart in the last two weeks and probably have little chance of winning tonight (which puts their playoff hopes further in the tank). And these tickets, bought weeks ago, were my birthday present!! Lucky me (sarcasm.) Anyway, I don't like beer but I do like it when the temp is 95 and my team is losing.

But I'm NOT GONNA do it. Diet pepsi and fried dough for me.

It's gotta be the Rangers, who are playing at home. Can't be the Astros since you described it as a "pro team."

ImperfectlyMe 09-13-2013 04:04 PM

HAha umm ok.

Glad your making it into almost dsy 4

ImperfectlyMe 09-13-2013 04:08 PM

Totally got hit with a yearning this eve not a craving but a yearning. We were eating at the place that's basically a bar with booths around. They have the world best pizza and wings. So like the alci I am I was watching everyone drink... And I thought damn how lucky they are. Then I thought how funny it would be if I stood up and yelled very loudly f you all your so lucky you're drinking. I couldn't stop laughing at the thought and then the yearning was gone :)

13unluckyforsom 09-13-2013 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe (Post 4178821)
Totally got hit with a yearning this eve not a craving but a yearning. We were eating at the place that's basically a bar with booths around. They have the world best pizza and wings. So like the alci I am I was watching everyone drink... And I thought damn how lucky they are. Then I thought how funny it would be if I stood up and yelled very loudly f you all your so lucky you're drinking. I couldn't stop laughing at the thought and then the yearning was gone :)

Lol just imagine them all lying sick tomorrow that should help also :)

SlightlyOff 09-13-2013 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 4178807)
It's gotta be the Rangers, who are playing at home. Can't be the Astros since you described it as a "pro team."

HA!! You got me. Anyway we left in the 8th when they were losing 9-2, then watched them at home pull within one run but still lose. Damn team. Plenty of beer drinkers and drunks of all kinds. Still glad I didn't drink, though.

And I remember when the Astros were a real team back in the 80's even!

workoholic 09-13-2013 10:15 PM

Keep going forward Augustwest!
During my first full weekend of sobriety (this time around) I made sure to make my schedule in such a way that I wouldn't make it to a bottle shop in case I got weak.