Notices

Stay sober weekend thread . 13....14....15!!!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Gang ,

Nice to see you , to see you nice

*ring ring* to everyone , the first ring is that of mindfulness to stop and think about what we are "realy" doing and why , the second is the freedom bell ringing out for you

One stratergy i found useful was to "think the drink through" right up till the end of the DVD , including the stinky hangover, sweats , passing out , phonecalls, texts , e-mails , arguments born out of frustration , accidents both those of a physical nature and those requiring a washing machine/laundry .

Procrastination was a burden i made for myself a lot in my drinking days , nice to be rid of it but..... it was my friend now with relation to alcohol, put going for a drink off , one min , one hour , one day, hey hey, you get it ?

Occasionaly sobriety.. well sometimes even life stinks , get used to it, accept it . Give time for things to change, i couldn't fortell the future and it dosn't pan out like i ever planned . For me life is a lot better sober than it was under the madness that alcohell ever gave me .

Busy making music this weekend and next weekend but will try and come and ring the bell for freedom when i get a moment ..

Keep on you wonderful people ,

Thanks for the thread Ken

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-13-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

stay strong everyone drink is no answer and have a good weekend
Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

This is my first weekend and I'm all in!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

went to the fridge for a soda....oh my that was frightening! The wine was waving at me....the beer looked like they were glad to see me. Remember when Norm would walk into the Cheers bar on TV? The beers said "Lillllllll......!!"

OK, not going to the fridge again. I am sitting her shaking. Whew, that was close. I can't do that when I'm alone in the house.

I'm ok though. I know you're probably reading this going, she doesn't seem ok, but I really am.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I can't believe it's another Friday...and a Friday I came home not thinking once of getting alcohol. My second week sober, wowwwweee. I'm so happy; I feel so free from the chains of booze.

Let's have another great sober weekend!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Love38, Congrats! That is a huge step and you have an awesome outlook. Stay happy. Or like me, act as if.... Stay sober, love and prayers.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm in! Day 26 today. Felt super anxious and irritated leaving work this afternoon at nothing in particular. I wanted the temporary relief that 'a glass' of wine brings, but not all the other stuff that happens after I finish the bottle and start plotting to get more. So, onward! Pellegrino with lemon, you are my friend.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Well im hoping this weekend will be a dry one. I am thinking and sorting myself out for making this weekend a sober one. Back to work and looking to having no drink.

Me saying hoping, i want it more than hope as i know its down to me. I have given up campral and past week cut down the drink.Now i need is feel good about myself and say enough is enough.

sry im rambling. xx
Old 09-13-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

You're great and you can do it. Thanks for reaching out and being there. It helps me to know you are there and trying!! We are not alone in this and we are loved.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

ring ring I am checking in for another sober week end.
Last Sunday's fundraiser went great! I was too tired to post when I came home but to make a long story short, I sold bottled water to benefit a homeless shelter right next door to the beer garden and me and my partner rocked it $$$!!!
I had no desire to go have a beer (it also probably helped that I was a closet drunk and not a bar fly)
I was able to put my alcoholic knowledge to good use...
One sales speech was: it is hot and you are bound to get dehydrated even more so with the beer meaning that you'll be very hangover tomorrow. If you alternate beer and water, you'll be fine tomorrow.
I don't have much planned this week end aside from working and going to my home group. I will also probably go hiking. I just added a pedometer app on my cell phone and I am trying to exercise more.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Friday Friday Friday my old friend.

Really? Friday was never this drunks friend. But we must learn to mange things that are enevitable. Like Fridays.

The reality is they are not enevitable. Everyday is a gift.

I will treasure this Friday and *Ring Ring* the bells of sober freedom with each of you all weekend.

Let today be a gift for you. If you are struggling then know you are not alone. Speak up. Raise your hand. You will find fellow weekenders right here!

K

So true...I struggle every weekend. They're the worst. And Holidays. Ugh.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Happy Friday the 13th everyone...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
black cats.jpg (10.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-13-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Hey Love38, Congrats! That is a huge step and you have an awesome outlook. Stay happy. Or like me, act as if.... Stay sober, love and prayers.

I'm riding the wave of optimism as much as I can!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Feeling some urges, but here to help it pass.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm staying plugged in today and trying to stay positive. I am struggling and feeling like the world is caving in on me. I am in a crappy situation in almost every way and trying to stay clean and sober is really difficult, but the alternative is even more painful. Getting/staying sober seems initially so stark and empty, dealing with reality-harsh. Just staying with this too shall pass and it will get better. it has to...Thanks for being there everyone.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Today BARELY happened sober, but I'm home and safe and looking forward to the rest of the weekend this way. It's gonna be one moment at a time.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm in this is my 23rd weekend. To the newbies it gets sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier! Be well everyone
Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

lala34mc I totally get the BARELY bit. At least we made it albeit BARELY!!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I am in!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just got home from the recording studio.
One of my bandmates immediately offered me a beer to which I quickly refused. I told him I quit drinking and he waved the beer in front of my face. Definitely not cool, but I was strong.
It was nice driving home not worried about anything. I even drove by my favorite liquor store.
My wife is very proud of me, which makes me feel super!