Notices

hope to set a new tone

Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hope to set a new tone

a little false security and a overriding impulse is not my friend. My time of weekness is between the hours of 5pm to 8pm. I live to fight another day but i came out of yesterday beat up. I didnt get drunk but i got a littls buzzed. Man...... the saying is true, the spirit is strong but the flesh is weak. I am trying not to be a day counter.. Im not say theres anythings wrong with that, if that works for you, good on ya. Me, not working. Days are long. Going to visit my family tonight. Its a new day, and in this day we will fight. I start posting some more to keep busy.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, geno198. If you are reading SR, then I am sure you have noticed that many people have had false starts. Just keep working at it until you get it right!!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by geno198 View Post
My time of weekness is between the hours of 5pm to 8pm.
If you are aware of that, then find something to fill that time. It can be an activity, hobby. But I was thinking something that supports living a sober life. Or else the days are going to seem long and filled with thoughts of drinking.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not necessary to count days if it's not your thing. The main thing is recovering. 5 to 8 pm was a killer time for me too. I started getting out of the house right after supper and walking a lot.

If you're not working, why not look into volunteering in your community or taking a course, or some kind of hobby you're interested in. Recovery involves so much more than not drinking.