Notices

It takes a while..

Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It takes a while..

Day 18 here as I posted earlier. Went out for my morning walk with my two Border terriers and my legs felt heavy and sluggish and every step seemed like pretty hard work! Got home and managed to sweep downstairs and then pretty much gave up.

I feel mentally pretty OK. No cravings or desire to drink at all as it happens. I am assuming my lethargy is par for the course.

I did say to myself I would take stock after a month and see what else I need to do to reinforce my sober life - looking perhaps at extra exercise, meditation and such. A while to go before that month is up!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mentium congrats on Day 18. It is my Day 18 as well and I am finding the same thing. I've been getting up at 5:25 am each morning to run or walk with my Labrador Retriever and some days I am tired in spite of having just slept 8 hours. Today was one of those days. I think we just need to give it more time.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It just takes time for your body and mind to smooth out and get back to normal functioning. Give yourself time and treat yourself well and it will get better.