Notices

How long for detox to end?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Right there with you. Slept 13 hours last night. Could barely get out of bed. I took a Claritin d - and finally got some relief. Not sure if the ephedrine was a good idea or not.
The ragweed and mold levels in The Midwest are borderline dangerous.
Yep, the ragweed in the Northeast must be really bad this season, one of my friends that never has hayfever is complaining to me about being stuffed up, scratchy eyes, etc. We picked a helluva time to quit drinking! Who would have thought Mother Nature would throw all this pollen at us when we need it least?!?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I started getting so bad with allergy season I had inhalers and nothing helped. One drug my doc prescribed had me high and I did not know it. My wife had the same happening but not as bad as mine. Now, three years after I quit drinking and she did not, she is on inhalers and sounds as bad as I did. Me? Nothing but at worst a momentary throat scratch and a sneeze that is all. Oh BTW, I also quit smoking 3 packs a day when I quit drinking 30plus drinks a day, all day. She still drinks, and smokes a pack or so a day. She absolutely denies smoking could be at cause. Allergies is her excuse to keep smoking.

If any of you smoke, perhaps? I am honestly 180° from before I quit. No allergies, no symptoms after years of it getting worse every year. I do believe the combo multiplies each other. But that is just me, and my body. Your Mileage Ma Vary.

Hope y'all feel better.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't smoke anymore, Itchy, but I believe it was definitely a component that contributed to allergy difficulties. Now I have good days and bad days, dependent on my level of exposure and the wind, I think. Today I have very little in the way of symptoms but the index is at 10.7 where I live, just about as high as it goes.