Notices

Feel run down.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel run down.

Today is day 29 and my body feels like its been run over by a Train. I thought I would start feeling more healthy when the poison had left my body but im tired beyond belief. I cannot, and I mean cannot stop yawning. I have like 8 or 9 hours sleep every night and at work today my yawning was embarrassing and my boss asked me if I had been out boozing last night hahah, I found that quite funny because when I was drinking and hung over (which was everyday) they never once asked me that and still to this day have zero acknowledgement of my drinking problem.
Anyway I wanted to get to the gym tonight but there is not a chance as my back is painful, I have zero energy to even get up off the sofa and just feel so run down its depressing as I want to be FULL of energy! Felt like this for a few days now so im really hoping the positive feelings return soon. Anyway on a positive note! ITS DAY 29!! and im done with that poison for another day!

Peace to you all. x
Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

day 29 is NO WAY withdrawals babe - get to doctor or pharmacy - sounds like flu
Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I have been in the exact same place since around day 29. Upon much gentle urging from my brothers and sister here, I went to the doctor yesterday desperate. Spills my guts. Going to my therapist today. Waiting for blood work to come back. I slept 13 hours last night and am still exhausted.

I'm right there with you. And I'm at day 36. I went back through my past sobriety journals and every quit gets exceptionally hard around this time. I caved at 82 days last time. I absolutely think this is a part of detox. Without a doubt. We systematically poisoned ourselves for decades, never really knowing how we truly felt.

In my opinion, this is the body healing. And healing is very hard work.

Give yourself time.

Be well
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It takes considerably longer than one would think to purge the alcohol and reprogram your body. If you have acute symptoms of something by all means, go to the doctor. But I also was tired a lot for the first couple months.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi RJY, congratulations on sober time. You might like to check out PAWS. Post acute withdrawal syndrome. I had in early sobriety some episodes where I felt like I was hungover or even drunk. I think the PAWS explains it. Your body is still healing. You are doing great. Keep going.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done rj, day 30 today? Hope you feel better today x
Old 09-12-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 18 but I'm still tired. Not to the extreme you speak of but..9 hours sleep and still tired
I think our bodies are still trying to catch up from all the passed out drunk sleep for years that has not been real rest. Still good to go see a doc.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

On day 87 and I have spent most of those days needing more and more sleep. I also have the odd day where I feel like I've been hit by a bus, that's my cue to chill and spoil myself for the day.
If you find me asleep at my desk... do not disturb
Old 09-12-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am also very tired, but only have 5 days, and 8 before that. But when I had 5 months sober in the past, I was tired for a long time. Depression can cause fatigue and sleepiness, and i think alcohol depresses our nervous system. It takes awhile to rebound. That said, it can also cause us poor health, and a visit to the doctor might be in order if it stays and you have aches and pains.

But, I slept a good solid 7-8 hours, and feel exhausted right now. And I slept well, or so I think.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

First off..wow. 29 Days RJ. That's awesome. Oh how time flies : )

Lethargy and fatigue was a pretty big problem for me in my first month or so. I truly believe that it takes your body a lot of physical energy to heal. It is unrealistic to believe that we give up troughs of poison over an extended period of time and then just bounce into health and vitality. I gave up smoking (again) just over a week ago and actually feel quite a bit better since doing that. I still got plenty of nicotine cursing through my system though as I'm on patch. I still have more nervous energy though so started running again (yay).

But if it's really bothering you, yeah why not get a doc to check it out? Our slippery little addiction can turn just about anything into justification for a return to the drink.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat after about three weeks being booze free. It alternates between dog-tired and hyperactive even with plenty of sleep at night. This stupid job I have is interfering with the naps my body is demanding!

One thing I know is that this crap is giving me some real incentive to not drink again because I don't want to have to deal with this again and again.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your support guys. Feeling a bit better today.