Notices

Just become the newest member!

Old 09-11-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks again for all your comments of encouragement, and the suggestions are certainly food for thought, my wife just got home and with NO VODKA!!! Im sure she's about to suggest going to the shop, so it will make my response much easier, I'll just suggest she gets enough for herself if she wishes, as I won't be drinking this evening, then when the children are in bed, I will talk more to her.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
AmandaUK

Fantastic decision Colin, I'm sure you will find that the anticipation of such a chat with your wife is worse than the actual event - I hope that's the case! Enjoy your evening Day 1 of taking control... Sounds great to me! Good luck x
Old 09-11-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Colin, I waited several days into my sobriety before speaking to my significant other about my decision to stop drinking (I couldn't bring myself to tell her that I am an alcoholic - though I am sure she knows). Anyway, she has been much more supportive than I expected. I still haven't told anyone else of my efforts to stay sober. For me, this is working well. Once I get more sobriety time under my belt, I may decide to "come out" to others. But, in the meantime, I don't think it is anyone else's business. As long as I don't take that first drink..... Anyway, I hope things go well for you. I will be thinking good thoughts.