Notices

Am I doing the right thing?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I doing the right thing?

Hello to all. I guess I just needed some advice. I'm new to the Al-anon program and I'm trying to work it. I love someone who is in recovery from a crack addiction. She was sober 15 months then relapsed and is back on the path of recovery. She was very guarded before and now it just seems like she's almost pulled away from me completely. I know that her sobriety is priority and I've learned very quickly what I was doing wrong. I want to be supportive to her in a non-controlling way but she just won't let me. She is just completely shutting me out. She never tells me what she feels, wants, or needs so I am in the dark. We've stopped talking because I wanted to give her, her space and let her work the path to recovery. Am I doing the right thing by completely cutting off communication? I feel like I'm just abandoning her and I don't want her to feel like that. However, I really am trying not to deter her from recovery. I don't know what the right choices are. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nashlee

I have no real experience to share with this but I know others will.
Take a look at our Family and Friends forums as well

D