Notices

Hello from the new girl.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello from the new girl.

Hi,
I am a sober alcoholic since April 2007. I drank for a long time. I got drunk the first time at 12-13 years old and finally had enough at 37. I met a man in the rooms a year later (after divorcing my ex husband) and although we separated for a year due to circumstances involving drugs (his) we have lived together for 5 years. There is no doubt in my mind that I love this person. He is my companion, best friend, lover, partner. He is also an addict, an active addict. His DOC is varied. He has chronic back pain so there is dilaudid, lately he has been taking off on coke binges. He smokes morphine patches.... He is in deep. It has taken a while to get there but he is down in a hole. So what do I do. The steps tell me to.....when I don't know what to do, do nothing. I pray and try to let it go. Sometimes it eats me up and sometimes I am able to say it does not belong to me. I don't want to leave him. I am not afraid, unable to take care of myself, worried for my children etc. We do not have kids. It is really very simple. I love him, I want to continue to share my life with him. However, when he is stoned, the person that I live with IS NOT HIM. As much as you can learn to separate the person from the disease, at times they are both present in the same body.
I need to talk this out. I have enough time in AA now that I am not as easily influenced as I once was. I can hear opinion and others share, identify and then make concise decisions based on my own feelings. has anyone shared this experience? Will check back later. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will just say welcome.

I have nothing to share on you difficulties I am sure some have.

Take care.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you joined us but sorry for your circumstances. It all depends on how much you're willing to tolerate from your partner. We have a friends and family forum for substance abusers that you may find interesting.

I hope you can find peace in your life.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Blush - congrats on your sober time - I'm an April 07 person too

have you tried to talk this out with your partner?

D