Notices

Feel like

Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like

Someone kicked me round my bedroom all night lol didn't sleep well at all!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your post got me thinking how often I used to wake up in the mornings hungover and feeling like someone really HAD kicked me round the bedroom!

Hope you have a better night tonight!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol I probably did get kicked about a bit my 2yr old and 6yr old decided to come into bed beside me and proceeded to fight over pillows ..and me lol but yeah still a lot better than the hangover kicked about feeling at least I know what happened lol
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Funny, I'm poking around too tonight. I was thinking how just shy of a month ago, I would be up at 4:00 am panic stricken, heart pounding, guzzling bottles of water, debating if a Tylenol was a good idea or might cause further liver damage, panting and shaking, wondering if I would be able to make it to work that day.

As I lay here now, I'm calm. Totally at peace, feeling rather decadent and full of wonder as to what joy, triumphs and miracles are in store for me today.

What a difference a month has made.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I have the odd phantom hangover .. just go easy ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Lol I probably did get kicked about a bit my 2yr old and 6yr old decided to come into bed beside me and proceeded to fight over pillows ..and me lol but yeah still a lot better than the hangover kicked about feeling at least I know what happened lol
It amazes me how much room these little people take up when they decide to sleep with you! Even my little dogs can be bed hogs.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Funny, I'm poking around too tonight. I was thinking how just shy of a month ago, I would be up at 4:00 am panic stricken, heart pounding, guzzling bottles of water, debating if a Tylenol was a good idea or might cause further liver damage, panting and shaking, wondering if I would be able to make it to work that day.

As I lay here now, I'm calm. Totally at peace, feeling rather decadent and full of wonder as to what joy, triumphs and miracles are in store for me today.

Snap! Remember countless times being awake in the small hours absolutely panic stricken - that's the only way I can describe it too - even the nights I'd 'behaved' I was still gripped by some fear - it was horrible and I remember feeling so helpless like I was on this merry go round and I couldn't get off - every day was hell to get through till I could drink myself stupid again that night. What a miserable existence. How do you let yourself get that out of touch with yourself that you'd dislike yourself enough to do that. Guess it doesn't matter really but I'm so glad I'm off! It's a relief.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post

Snap! Remember countless times being awake in the small hours absolutely panic stricken - that's the only way I can describe it too - even the nights I'd 'behaved' I was still gripped by some fear - it was horrible and I remember feeling so helpless like I was on this merry go round and I couldn't get off - every day was hell to get through till I could drink myself stupid again that night. What a miserable existence. How do you let yourself get that out of touch with yourself that you'd dislike yourself enough to do that. Guess it doesn't matter really but I'm so glad I'm off! It's a relief.
Well put! I do not so far miss waking up at 3am heart racing. What a plague alcohol is.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
I was thinking how just shy of a month ago, I would be up at 4:00 am panic stricken, heart pounding, guzzling bottles of water, debating if a Tylenol was a good idea or might cause further liver damage, panting and shaking, wondering if I would be able to make it to work that day.
I want to chime in on this as well.

I never really suffered from hangovers - even after almost a fifth many nights (probably something which made it easier for me to continue drinking). But the heart-pounding, heart-racing, elevated blood-pressure and anxiety every morning after is something that I have not missed at all. And, coincidentally, the absence of those things has, in the short term, helped put other things like work, family and relationships in better perspective.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

You aren't alone in this experience. I had been drinking because of my thoughts that made me depressed and anxious. When I quit, it only took a week or two for me to understand that my alcohol consumption had been the primary cause of my depression and anxiety. The world started to fill with possibilities again.

This understanding makes it much easier to make that commitment to never drink again and never change my mind. Thoughts of drinking again, even one, are the thoughts driven by my past addiction, and I know what that addiction does to my life.

You, 13Unlucky, and alpha, tang and tides, are doing beautifully here. Congratulations to you. Onward!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

for me, the night was always the worst. it was where i found the bottom of each day. it was always in between 2-4 am. it lasted 1-2 hours, and they were periods where i planned my suicide, self loathed to a point of exhaustion, cried out to God, and sometimes just rolled back and forth with a pillow over my head/ears to try to stop the inner chaos.

UGH UGH UGH.

thanks for reminding me though. reason # 6,246 why i don't drink

Old 09-10-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I should have posted here - I am on week three and having vivid dreams agains. Something that has eluded me for years and years. Funny, I am remembering them too. My sleep is much deeper vs the shallow dehydrated sleep that I wake 4x every night for the gallons of water I would prep next to my bed:-) Yet, despite all these positive benefits that are so obvious I do still get cravings - its amazing the power of the spell this drug has had on me.