Notices

Morning Drinking

Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Reading this thread I now understand why my xabf didn't like spending the night during the week...he lived 30 min away and his job (short lived) was a five minute drive from his house ...he had to be there by 7 so he had to leave my house by 6ish....Always complained about having to get up early, drive 1/2 hr, quack, quack. He just wanted to get up, have a swig, and drive up the street to work!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I started drinking in the morning about 3 months ago while on holiday. I used to drink out of coffee mugs thinking no one at home would realise it was wine. This continued after the holiday and I began having " eye openers" before work. How I didn't get fired is a miracle, certainly not due to any skill on my part.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I started having a glass (or two or three) of wine when I woke up just to stop the w/d. That progressed to getting drunk in the early morning, passing out, and waking up in the afternoon to start all over again... So glad I'm not living that life anymore..
Old 10-06-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I would struggle to 3, then 2, then 1, then noon becuz I knew once I started, I probably wouldn't stop. By the end I would drink when I woke up in the a.m. to get rid of the shakes and if I didn't have any would go buy some, sweating, shaking, stinking, and feel ashamed but not enough to not go. I needed and wanted the booze that bad. Would come home, start drinking, and like someone said, wait for the "cure" to kick in knowing full well the cure was actually was actually me and not caring. Just wanted the withdrawals to stop. I was so sick..that god that is over!!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

to know the cure was killing me! For the love of pete, I need to start proof reading my posts before I post..I get in to big of a hurry and they end up looking like I'm drunk and I swear I'm not!!! Can't imagine what they would look like if I was.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I wasn't a regular morning drinking, but Ive done my share of it. Nothing made me feel like more of an alcoholic than buying beer at 7AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Was talked into doing the hair of the dog one day after I had been up for a while. Did it and was amazed how it evened me out, I was so hung over and all of a sudden it wasn't like I had even drank the night before.

I never allowed myself to do that again because if I did I knew that it was the beginning of the end for me.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
p***enger

At first I drank in the morning for comfort when the day looked bad,
then I drank in the morning to quiet the anxiety enough just to get me out the door,
then I drank in the morning to stop the shakes.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Ok, this is where I'm at right now. Its ok with me (in my head) to do this??
I will have a swig or half a glass because I have to drive. I Do all my errands or whatever then most days I'll have another or two throughout day, drive again, then I'm free to come home and have as many as I want, need, I don't know but it feels like I've been taken over, I grab that bottle without any real thought!

Even reading this back, I'm thinking I'm not so bad!!
What an idiot!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thought it was 'cute' at first to drink in the morning. I worked nights most of my life. Off shift at 7:30 AM and to the bar. This was years ago. In the last sector of my drinking days I would pour a shot as soon as I could fumble into the freezer for my liter of Vodka. Ah. Those were so NOT the days!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

I drank in the morning. I know that feeling of euphoria when you find out there is still some booze left that somehow didn't get drank the night before.

I remember a good example. I was at my ex's house and we both woke up at 6:30am for some reason. She said she wanted a mimosa to take away her headache, but she wasn't sure if we could buy champagne that early. I tell her "sure, they start selling at 6am". So there we are at 7-11 at 6:30 in the morning looking like hell, buying booze to make drinks earlier than some people get up. And the sad part was neither one of us felt bad about having a drink that early.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

MrsGrownup, it is never okay to drink and then drive. Putting others persons lives in danger is never a good thing...!