Morning Drinking - Page 3 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #41 (permalink)

I'll learn how to reference other users eventually. The biggest issue for me at the moment is that I need drink in the morning physically and psychologically but my digestive system is beginning to reach the point where it can't take it after 6 years of daily abuse like LSC1 said about throwing up on the wine. Also on the subject of the cheap stuff; I have interest in all different types of alcohol and would always like to appreciate one fine beverage( as apposed to a cheap one) once on a sunday sometimes but I haven't decided if that's an achieveable goal or whether I need to completely stop.

Finally, I've noticed a lot of religious references in those tiny after message quotes. I have no intention of offending anyone but I am the aspect of anti-religion in the most hideous form.

EDIT: Just to add this, if religion has seriously helped you get you through your problem then I really can't judge.
Jetzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #42 (permalink)
Administrator

Welcome Jetzt

If you are really dependent on drinking I recommend seeing a Dr before you quit.

As for recovery methods, there's a lot around and no one here will make you choose any you don't want to

I recommend you also visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a secular or non 12 step approach.

D
Old 09-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #43 (permalink)
non-drinker

Welcome, Jetzt! If you really want to quit drinking, you'll find lots of support here.

I worked full-time during the week, so my drinking wouldn't start until after 5pm, but I still could drink like a fish until I was too tired to continue (12-18 beers on average). Then, every Saturday and Sunday I'd start first thing in the morning and drink until passing out...this usually took all day and I could easily polish off 24-36 beers. If I passed out early enough on a Saturday night, I sometimes would get up and have a few more before passing out again...truly madness.
FormerBeerLover is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FormerBeerLover For This Useful Post:
Bird615 (09-10-2013), Dee74 (09-10-2013), JaimeJaime (09-10-2013), serious (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #44 (permalink)

HI Jetzt
Good on you for your honesty and this is the place to purge your soul.
I figure we have been lying to ourselves and others for so long that we have nothing to lose by saying it how it really is in here.

We are all here for the same reasons.
My drinking started getting out of control after 2 many blackouts.
I started drinking in the mornings.
Sometimes 2 litres of red wine a day then the usual hangover from hell literally so
Sick next day i would only get up to go to the loo
I daren't not move a muscle in case i vomited ,
Bleghhh i hate d the after chunders.

I would see your Doc b4 You contemplate giving up ,
Don't think it would be in your best interest giving up , cold turkey.
Glad you swung by, ill look for further posts from you
Xx.
SnoozyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Bird615 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #45 (permalink)

My doctor and multiple medical professionals say that if I give up I will die but the health service here is so slow that it is unbelievable. I must become a willpower God.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGuy View Post
Hey everyone. I was just curious if people who used to drink would drink in the AM when they woke up like I used to do. I couldn't wait for the liquor store to open at 10:00am, I would be annoyed if I didn't have it before I could even get to the store. I would be drunk from morning to night. I'm not sure how people didn't notice, or maybe they did? Anyone else?
It got to the point when I'd be there as the guy was opening the gates at 9 am. Oh yes, definitely have been there. It got to the point where I wasn't even ashamed. He knew it, I knew it, and so did the whole neighborhood I'm pretty sure but alcohol was my higher power at the time.
JaimeJaime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaimeJaime For This Useful Post:
GreekGuy (09-11-2013), SnoozyQ (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #47 (permalink)

I hate the idea of a higher power, the self is the only God that exists and the only truth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jetzt For This Useful Post:
JaimeJaime (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Welcome, Jetzt! If you really want to quit drinking, you'll find lots of support here.

I worked full-time during the week, so my drinking wouldn't start until after 5pm, but I still could drink like a fish until I was too tired to continue (12-18 beers on average). Then, every Saturday and Sunday I'd start first thing in the morning and drink until passing out...this usually took all day and I could easily polish off 24-36 beers. If I passed out early enough on a Saturday night, I sometimes would get up and have a few more before passing out again...truly madness.
This was me until a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for posting.
There was a new voice, which you slowly recognized as your own, that kept you company as you strode deeper and deeper into the world, determined to do the only thing you could do, determined to save the only life you could save.

Mary Oliver
Ornithology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ornithology For This Useful Post:
SnoozyQ (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzt View Post
I hate the idea of a higher power, the self is the only God that exists and the only truth.
I agree, my higher power is myself and my truth, and it can be whatever I choose to make of it. That's what I'm saying ... alcohol takes away your ability to reach yourself and the higher power within you.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #50 (permalink)

Every time I've cut down there's been a surge of "I am better than this and it cannot kill me". I believe in me.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #51 (permalink)

Jetzt,

I know many people like that, including myself. I no longer believe it but it's a vicious cycle.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #52 (permalink)
I could see peace instead of this

Before I sobered up the first time, I drank regularly in the morning. It was often non-stop weekend drinking as long as I wasn't passed out.

This time around, I didn't drink in the morning, but I knew the end of this relapse was near when I did have a morning drink without even thinking about it. It scared me that I was heading in that direction again.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #53 (permalink)

I literally picture my alcoholic desperate self speaking with a beautiful version of me. The beautiful one is the one I try to believe in... she has to fight every day though.

Best wishes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaimeJaime For This Useful Post:
Bird615 (09-10-2013), ImperfectlyMe (09-10-2013), Melina (09-10-2013), Ornithology (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #54 (permalink)
Timelord

I used to drink on the train to work. Whisky and coke in my travel mug. I must have stank of alcohol. Luckily no-one noticed or said anything. It was a bleak time.

And Jetzt I too don't believe in a higher power. I wouldn't stop for my fiancee, mum, family or anyone else. So I wouldn't have stopped for something that may or may not exist! I stopped for the only person I cared about back then. Myself. People stuck by me which I am grateful and they're getting a better me
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #55 (permalink)

Drank in the AM mostly weekends. If family was away at mother in laws.....could wake up at about 5am or 4.30am after drinking most of Saturday evening and night. Anyway knock back 5 or 6 bottles of beer till about 8.30AM....sleep a few hours, head off to bar about 12 noon....drink till say 3 - 3.30. Back home - family on the way, take a shower, cleaned up when they arrive. Drink 2 or 3 bottles of beer till about 8pm...then stop.....work on Monday. All well planned out so that I would not be falling about the place....but would always have a buzz.
Dejvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #56 (permalink)

Lord, I felt like I was a good mother because I was responsible enough not to start drinking until after I had arranged for someone to pick my daughter up at school. I would ask my handyman to run up the street to buy a bottle of vodka and pick up my prescriptions, how effed up is that?

By Jove, you are so right!
jaynie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #57 (permalink)

In addition, could work the other way come home Friday night, still looking for a drink, drink beers till 4 or 5am all night listening to music...movies etc, go to bed Saturday about 6am......up about 12noon, be in bar by 2pm or 3pm.....drink till 7 or 8 Saturday evening. Home....bed. Up 5am or 6am Sunday morning....drink beers till 8 or 9am......etc etc.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
I would ask my handyman to run up the street to buy a bottle of vodka and pick up my prescriptions, how effed up is that?
that is professionally effed up. But really makes one shudder when they look back.

I recall about two months before I stopped planning a bike ride....about 40miles. How far did I get?.....3 miles and whamo.....no.... not an accident... went to a country bar had a beer, and another one, another one, another one...could not even ride home. Pathetic.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeJaime View Post
The beautiful one is the one I try to believe in... she has to fight every day though.

Best wishes.
And it is a fight that is truly worth taking on because every day you get stronger and stronger and you can feel yourself winning the fight and with it increase your will to achieve other things, that previously were less important in your life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dejvice For This Useful Post:
JaimeJaime (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #60 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Dejvice;4172300]
Quote:
that is professionally effed up

I know....cringeworthy.....argh!

By Jove, you are so right!
jaynie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaynie04 For This Useful Post:
Pipping (10-06-2013)

Tags
addiction , afternoon , drinking , morning. drunk