Notices

Morning Drinking

Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

when you're addicted to something it works like that, GG.

D
Old 09-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

It took 11 to 14 minutes for alcohol from straight vodka to hit my blood stream on an empty stomach.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I never drank in the morning.

I did drink till sunup, than sleep,till twelve or one, the start drinking at two.

Hard to have a career with that schedule.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
I never drank in the morning.

I did drink till sunup, than sleep,till twelve or one, the start drinking at two.

Hard to have a career with that schedule.
When I was a chef, that was my exact routine.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

In the 30+ years I drank, never--not once did I drink in the morning or right after I woke up. I think the earliest I ever srank was 1:00 P .m. It was like ewwwww to me. Guess I was lucky in that regard.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Never drank early in the morning.. Very rarely drunk before sunset.. But it never did any good.. For all of us who think alcoholism means 24 hours stuff only or the myth that you are alcoholic only if some amount of alcohol is a must in your blood.. Not necessarily true definition. It is never when and how much we drink.. It is what we do after we drink. Even if start drinking at 12 midnight, I will still have enough by 4 am so there was no need for morning drinks.. But never remembered what I did during last hours of drinking.. Sent nasty E-mails. Facebook posts, SMSs .. Friends , you know all these stuff...
Old 09-10-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My entire drinking career was based on getting to the booze when I could. As more and more of my responsibilities in life dropped off the more booze poured in.

At the end the weekends had none to very little responsibility so I drank right after my two cups of coffee, sometimes putting a little booze in my second cup. I drank all day long until I passed out. I am an early bird, always have been, so I wake at 3 or 4 am even on the weekend so I was having my first drink before 6 am.

I remember the first couple times I did this I thought, what the hell, I have no plans today. I also felt like crap from the drunk night before. Then, the what the hell was every Saturday and Sunday. I would tell myself over and over I would not do it again next week but as my second cup of coffee ended I was staring at the clock and thinking "I have to wait four, five, six more hours to drink". That pretty much sealed the deal and I grabbed a drink. Every time.

Even back when I could make it until noon, I did not want to. I thought about a drink right up to the time I was making my first.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I was lucky the liquor store here opened at 9:30 am. Yes, if I was on a binge I could hardly wait to get the booze in the AM. Figured it was 5:00 pm somewhere.

My binges could last anywhere from 1 day up to 5 days. And when I was on stress leave it just got worse, I would just take a day here and there of not drinking. I pretty well drank 24/7 at this point.

Where I live you can't get liquor at the corner store or grocery stores. Just liquor stores.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes I drank in the morning a few times. When I was on a bender everything revolved around when I could get my next drink. I had a store on the same street which opened at 6am. Thank heavens I don't have to live like that anymore.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I was all about the am drink...lol. Man I think of the time I spent in Japan last year....I was drinking from 5am till I passed out at times. I would have my "moment of clarity" moments on Monday mornings...would curse myself and say "I'm never drinking again"...then come Thursday or Friday I was out hitting the bars up...our "preflight" rituals were sooo brutal and I'm shamefully amazed on how we did it...and even that made it back to base. I tried to do this when I got back to the states but my tolerance dropped dramatically...I still hit it up though...it seems like my body knew there was alcohol on the premises...and I would wake up and start drinking....this went on pretty much till left for this deployment...man what a long, strange, bad trip it's been....!

So glad I'm dried out now....no matter how many "cool/funny" stories I have when I was out partying...there are 10-20 shameful moments that follow.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This is exactly the topic I was looking for when signing up this morning. I need 4 beers or shots by 10am to even mildly stave off the shakes. I'm on 20-30 drinks a day, after 2 hours sleep sometimes even I wake up in full body shakes and have to pick up a beer that I keep next to my bed; but that's at the worst of it. At the moment I can manage the 6 hours sleep before I need one. This is my first post, it must be a horrible introduction.

To add for that I was queueing outside the store this morning at 8am to wait for it to open to get 2 cans of strong white cider( nasty but cheap stuff). In my area in london, more disturbingly, there are about 3 other people queueing next to me for the same thing.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jetzt View Post
This is my first post, it must be a horrible introduction.
Not at all. We have all been there. It is an honest introduction. Honesty with ourselves and others is a big step. Good on you!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh, you already answered; I just added to the post with an edit.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh, you already answered; I just added to the post with an edit.
I have been there. Sitting outside the liquor store at 10 am waiting for it to open. I was not the only one there either.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I never used to drink in the morning. I had more important things to do like get sick, shake, cry, break things and drink. Wait...did i say I never used to drink in the morning? My bad.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I had never drank in the morning, but who knows where my alcoholism would have taken me. I saved myself 4/9/13 before I was too far down.

Welcome to SR!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

This is my first post, it must be a horrible introduction.
Nope, have to agree with Gracielou, it is honest. We have all been there Jetzt. What is great is talking to people that understand how we feel and why we do things.

I don't feel like I am alone when I read these posts. I can relate to almost every single one of them. Even your reference to the nasty cheap stuff! I use to buy the nasty cheap stuff too.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
I had never drank in the morning, but who knows where my alcoholism would have taken me. I saved myself 4/9/13 before I was too far down.

Welcome to SR!
Me too IM, the thought I might get to that stage scared me sober.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Towards the end, I had a bottle of champagne for breakfast on weekend mornings. Ugly. Glad that is over.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yep towards the end of my drinking career I needed one or two big glasses of wine just settle me down and helped me start the day. Even if the first glass made me throw up ... I'd go back for the second. Just took the edge of the stress of the day ...