Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

whelp here goes... (2nd time my post was lost the first time...)

Notices

whelp here goes... (2nd time my post was lost the first time...)

Old 09-09-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandymarie22 View Post
Are you sure she doesnt at least suspect it a little bit? My boyfriend always knew i drank but it wasnt until this past year that he realized how bad it was
Well on occasion shell smell it on me from the night before, but as far as shes concerned it happens only once a week.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hayley86 View Post
Welcome Matt, I quit drinking 11 months ago for my health and to basically take back control of my life. I had reached a point were drinking had took over every aspect of my life. I can relate to many things that you have said in your post including the contributing factors (feeling isolated and depressed). Now i am sober negative thoughts and anxieties have pretty much gone for me and i am much better equipped to cope with any difficult situations. I made sure i had a set routine when i was first getting sober and kept myself as busy as possible. I found speaking to my doctor was a great step. I also think as much support as you can get really helps. Wishing you well.
Thank you haley I appreciate your time I also wish you the best of continued luck
Old 09-09-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Before I go to bed I'd like to thank each of you again for reading my post and thinking enough of me to respond. I look forward to future posts and one day I hope to be a ray of light for someone else on here.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dear Matt, Absolutely you have a chance a this. You can do it. One foot in front of the other. People do have various degrees of withdrawals. Sweats and insomnia are mild ones. Keep going dear. Sobriety is freeing..