Notices

Another sober gnight :)

Old 09-07-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another sober gnight :)

Thankfully! Wasn't a struggle tonight - I think my problem last night was I was seriously entertaining the idea of getting drunk to the point I'd asked someone to go and buy me some - to which they said undeniably no.. Also thankfully!

I'd relapsed mentally. I'd given in mentally. In hindsight what have I learned.. I've learned that for one - although uncomfortable - cravings won't hurt me. Two - dont even romance the idea of drinking the act of getting drunk or the taste in your mouth. Three - drinking alcohol did never and will never make me feel better long term. If I've things on my mind bothering me then sometimes it's ok just to sit with them for a while and see how I feel in a few weeks about the same thing. I don't need to be so impulsive. It doesn't usually give the best results.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a very candid admission - that you'd asked someone to go and buy for you. Glad tonight has been easier
Old 09-07-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job 13!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I knew they wouldn't - I think I asked them in the hope they'd offer me some support. they didn't. But by that point it didn't matter if I'd known I wasn't under any circumstances going to be drinking I'd played with the idea enough to annoy my brain with it. Hence the struggle.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Let go of the struggle 13, it makes life so much easier to just let go. For us, and people like us, not drinking makes much more sense. xx
Old 09-07-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

In the early days , i used to put the decision to drink off for a week if i was feeling like drinking , just to be sure there wasn't undue emotional turmoil clouding my decisions so as to be sure i was making the right decision .... by the time a few days had passed i was always glad i didn't and was back to being content or even happy with being sober .

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
In the early days , i used to put the decision to drink off for a week if i was feeling like drinking , just to be sure there wasn't undue emotional turmoil clouding my decisions so as to be sure i was making the right decision .... by the time a few days had passed i was always glad i didn't and was back to being content or even happy with being sober .

Bestwishes, m
Yep I'm finding 'day by day' a bit too intense to deal with. It's like every day I've to decide am I drinking or not. And every day the struggles increasing. So I'm going to try saying till Next sunday I'm going to stay sober - see how that feels. Less daily pressure. I know it's all psychological messing with my own head but day by days just too little.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I managed it by rolling the 7 days , kinda like the carrot infront of the donkey .. always being 7 days ahead of me ..

It was'nt i'll make this decision every sunday , it was i feel like drink today i'd better bring in the cool off rule of 7 days and see if i change my mind in that time ...

EEE aWWW EE aaww

m
Old 09-08-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Laughing here.... My dog thinks I'm possessed lol .... If Eeeeee awwww is how i stay sober then eeeee awwww be it!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you made it through the craving and you are able to say you are still sober two days later! Keep using what works for you. Even if it's Eeeeee awwwww LOL!