Notices

Morning from the uk :)

Old 09-07-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning from the uk :)

Hope everyone's doing ok today - these weekends seem to really kick a lot of our butts in here! Just reading over the past 24hours posts and its tough huh... I really struggled last night but with a bit of support from here I made it sober. Glad of that.

I just hope that if your struggling you will post like I did because there's no shame in saying help!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lucky for some, right? Good going!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes indeedly
Old 09-07-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on finding a trick through the" it's the weekend have a treat" . One trick I found helpful was to do things , tidy stuff and plan to go do something film ,shop, anything but plan everything so you can't just end up either in the wine and beer section or a pub on the way home, and get a film or book for the evening . You've got to keep ahead or on top of those thoughts ,though that is all they are .
Time spent rewarding and getting through with benefits now helps when you find yourself
enjoying the new life in sobriety.
Keep on .
John.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning back at you! I'm up studying (or will be again when I log off SR). The trick for me it do something constructive when I feel the urge to drink.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey 13 , weekends are realy nice, calm and comfortable nowdays . there is no more reason for me to think of drinking on a saturday or friday as a monday or wednesday , all are equally not an option if i keep my mind in the right mindset .
Just grateful to have another day , another chance to live it as best i can today on this glorious planet of ours .

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-07-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good to hear Emily...its 5:49AM here, day 12 and I am taking the dogs for a run. Had my 2nd AA meeting last night - feel mixed about these but recognize the value in the steps to really kick this addiction for good.

Seems like a few of us started at the same time, so I enjoy seeing our posts. Keep at it and glad you posted first. Heard a story last night at meeting from a girl that would call her sponsor after she relapsed and took a while for her to understand that the call needs to happen before she drank. We all learn at different paces but the mindset to post or call first and reach out is really healthy.

Side note, I have gotten my wife into Breaking Bad (going on Season 3). I find the show very therapeutic and well written. Off for my run - enjoy the coffee across the pond!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

13 yes Friday and Saturday nights have always been huge triggers for me here in London. When Friday rolls around now I tell myself how much better I feel on the other 5 days of the week when I don't drink on the weekend ( not to mention not waking up with a hangover or regret from the night before).

I was getting a lot of pressure from my friends to go out last evening. I was considering it, but knew I wouldn't drink and really didn't want to sit around watching them get hammered. I decided to stay in and read and chill instead. The thought of staying in on a Friday night a few months ago would have been sacrilege for me. Now I actually enjoy the peaceful time in on a Friday night and find my "reward" when I wake up Saturday morning with a clear head, peace of mind and the energy to enjoy my weekend doing constructive things.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey myth what do you study?

And mecanix your right about the mindset I woke up slightly grouchy and I thought to myself 'are you really going to waste a day being negative or are you going to make it count?'

Well I'm gonna make it count - I've some jobs I need to be doing round the house so I'm gonna get stuck in. Tonight hmm haven't thought that far ahead but I've a book there and I may buy game of thrones box set and just relax and watch that

I didn't have a plan yesterday and infact have in all honesty been mooching about all week 'poor me'ing lol' so kick myself up the backside and snap out it!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jdooner what's breaking bad about? And day 12 hey hey hey!!! Well done what kind of dogs have you got? I've got a wee Yorkshire terrier - still a pup - soooo cute but not really the type u take for a run haha!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oldself great that you stayed home despite the pressure - I too can think of nothing worse than watching everyone around me get drunk lol I also love waking up sober and no guilt or regrets and free to just breathe and be peaceful within myself. Well I'm going to make myself presentable and busy so ill catch up with you lot later I hope you all have a lovely day byyyyeeee for now.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And mecanix your right about the mindset I woke up slightly grouchy and I thought to myself 'are you really going to waste a day being negative or are you going to make it count?'

Well I'm gonna make it count -
This makes me I'm so happy for you as I know you've been feeling low! Have a great day 13!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

way to go 13, keep it up
Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good job 13! Weekends for me are always the hardest part. Being able to read through the posts last night was a great help for me as well.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post

This makes me I'm so happy for you as I know you've been feeling low! Have a great day 13!
Thank you figured if I get drunk - I can get it off my chest for sure but then it's all going to come out wrong and pathetic and I'm gonna wake up all sheepish and sad so ill just sit with this 'issue' for now. Say in 3months if I'm still sober and I still feel the need to address it then I might then. Sober. Secure in my mind that its something I need to do. If I still do lol
Old 09-07-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So good to the read this thread, I had noticed you were feeling a bit low over the last couple of days. Yay to the sober weekend! I've been really productive today - not done what I intended to do but it's been productive none-the-less.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Emily - dogs are both rescues - shepherd border collie mix and the other is a saluki husky mix. We just went for a 3 mile hill run that they love.

Yup - day 12 and feeling really good. Realize its all mental now - reprograming the brain.

I selpt like a baby the past two nights - after a two weeks of insomnia this was a welcome treat.

Breaking Bad is about a man's spiral downward (his Breaking Bad moment from which there is no redemption). Its perhaps one of the best written shows ever - the characters are developed so well you think you know each one.

I am planning a dinner party now.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lovely day jdooner. I would have liked a collie but too much work for me just now - they need too much looking after lol

I'm going to have dinner shortly - ideally I'd like to go out for a while but I don't think I will be.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

And ill keep an eye out for breaking bad - sounds interesting.