Old 09-07-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is bad

I cannot even keep my house in order.

My alarm clock is for the Liquor store.

Lost my lousy job.

Lost my Beautiful roommate?

Im loosing it. I have lost everything!

No money left, CC Alcohol, but it wont last.

Wrong forum?

Redirect me to the end of the world.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're still struggling Space

I dunno what else to tell you that I haven't told you before, man.

I kept digging a deeper and deeper hole for myself until I stopped drinking and stopped digging.

I think that's the crux - if you want change, make change?

D
Old 09-07-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Spacestation. Look at all the people here who are pulling themselves out of he sort of hell you describe by their bootstraps. It can be done - look around this place. It is an inspiration!

Good luck to you. You just need to make that first move.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get it,

But someone take that shovel away,

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey,
I lost everything then tried to drink to death.
Not recommended!
When i ended up in ER this dude just shoved the drip in me after he read that i was in with alcohol poisoning.
Didn't like our kind.....
Sober today. Strong and grateful. Rebuilding slowly.
No more poor me, poor me, pour me a drink.
What a relief.
Go for it budy.
G
Old 09-07-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Give it another go. I eventually made headway, but not until i got to the despair that lay beyond desperate
Old 09-07-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spacestation View Post
I get it,

But someone take that shovel away,

Thanks!
Pour the alcohol out - you can do this - it's never easy to start with but as time goes by (can't say personally) but these lot here seem to be coping just fine in general - you have to save yourself to start with though. Can you make that choice now to live? And I mean that in the live a sober life where you feel all the feelings and deal with them as opposed to being a drunk who wallows in pitty and why me and everything's rubbish and just exist....

You wouldn't be here if you didn't want help but you have to help yourself first. We can all - and we will all offer you all the advise and support you need but we can't do this for you. You need to make that leap. For you. Because your worth it. Because you deserve better.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bottoming out means different things to different people, for some it means dying. You won't get better until you do or your addict voice will convince you that it wasn't so bad. Armor yourself with your problems, never forget what this crap did to you.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can make a start today by not drinking. There is a Class of September for people who are quitting drinking this month. You could join that and like lots of other people on here take it one day at a time. Its horrible when you lose things that are important to you through drinking like a job, friends and money. There is no reason you cant build a new life and have these things again if you get sober. I lost lots of things that were important to me because of drinking but i stopped using that as an excuse to carry on. I made myself do as much for my recovery as i could to get well and 11 months later i still work at it every day. Wishing you the best.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yea, Thanks BTW

Wrong forum i bet,

The hangovers are too much to handle lately, and everybody knows..........

so I take three days, you know ..........But then I have serious problems to adress, add to it Heartbreak ive never felt before. Now Heartbreak is the same as Death, to me, so im taking it really hard at the worst time.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

I hit bottom many times, sometimes I would wake in a police cell with no recollection of the night before and why I was there... I would promise myself iam done forever but it would last a couple of days maybe a week then I would be repeating the insanity all over again.. I realised that I would never hit a big enough bottom I would problem end up dead or in prison... So what stopped me was a moment of complete clarity where I recognised and accepted 100% that iam powerless over alcohol that once I take one sip all bets are off... I use to not believe that rubbish I use to think it was the 10th or 11th drink that done the damage now I realise its the 1st until I accepted that I was hopeless..

Do you accept fully you are powerless over alcohol once you have had 1 drink???
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on loosing a job you hated , time to get one you want.
If you've lost someone due to drink , isn't that just the sign to say you want to change so they don't reject you. Most of the time I was an affable drunk but that's what I was , no fun in a relationship and always unpredictable apart from being skint and often quite black.
This is a real good time to get back in charge of your life. Look foreward not back.
This thing needs planning.
Just imagine that fantastic life that's infront of you and it starts today. Tiny steps and keep on here.
John.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So you've lost everything. Excellent time to sober up and reclaim your life. You have no idea what you are truly missing. It's called life..and it really does have much to offer.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Right forum i recon

Drinking for me was a way of running and hiding from pain , life can be painful and hurt , unfortunately drinking ultimately causes me more pain than when i started with .

For me once i accepted it , quit drinking and got over the shock of feeling things other than depression and hoplessness .. things have changed for the better . It isn't how i expected and i have found i'm useless at predicting and speculating over the future other than knowing if i drink my life goes down the pan and hurts more .

There is nothing special about me , you can change if you want , it has been hard work but it's worthwhile ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-07-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

hugs.

You can do it.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Right forum i recon

Drinking for me was a way of running and hiding from pain , life can be painful and hurt , unfortunately drinking ultimately causes me more pain than when i started with .

For me once i accepted it , quit drinking and got over the shock of feeling things other than depression and hoplessness .. things have changed for the better . It isn't how i expected and i have found i'm useless at predicting and speculating over the future other than knowing if i drink my life goes down the pan and hurts more .

There is nothing special about me , you can change if you want , it has been hard work but it's worthwhile ,

Bestwishes, m

Ditto here. I needed to grow up and accept life on life's terms as I had/have not much power. I suffer poorly and don't do pain well either. I was at a point where people in AA convinced me that I had prison, asylum , or death facing me if I continued to drink and I'll add the sick and tired of being sick and tired feeling I was experiencing. Years later I'm grateful I made a choice that has me in a condition that I'm comfortable in my own skin. BE WELL
Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EndGame

If you know my story, then you know I lost everything in life that's near and dear to me. Twice.

My emotional range ran from despair and hopelessness during my relapse. I was the walking dead, and there was no remedy for someone on the fast track to certain death. I don't tell you these things to scare you; nothing, not even death, could scare me sober.

I experienced a protracted period of heartache while sober, and I thought, by itself, it would kill me. Yet I didn't drink.

I sometimes tire of reading my own words, but I can only offer you what worked for me. When I was at my lowest point, I needed two things to begin to crawl out of my despair. A commitment not to drink no matter what, and a leap of faith that there was a better way for me. I couldn't deal with all my other issues in life until I started out by not drinking.

If you've been going at this without regular support, or without treatment, or without a program in place, now is the moment to get what you need to get and then stay sober. No one's out there looking for you to take that shovel out of your hands. And no one came knocking on my door to push me into sobriety.

The longer you put this off, the more frequent and more painful your heartaches will become. It's your choice.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Space station, please stop it . As bad as things are at this moment you can turn it around. You can start right now. It is never too late-til it is. My friend is dying, as we speak, from alcoholism. He, like so many of us, was given multiple wake up calls which were left unneeded. It's awful. Don't do that.

Life will always have its hard times. Sober people have hard times too. No one is exempt or special. I feel your desperation. You can make this your turning point