Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all. Newbie here, coming off of a 24 year addiction to Klonopin. I look forward to interacting with everyone!!

Also
Old 09-06-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi lsubanks

I know nothing about Klonopin, but I'm glad you found us - I know you'll find support here

D
Old 09-06-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about Klonopin, but I don't want you to get lost off the "first screen" so maybe someone else will come along...

You might want to start a new thread "Klonopin addiction...HELP!" Just a suggestion...
Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 09-06-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Isubanks

What is that? A drug of sorts ?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Isu.....I recently detoxed off of Klonopin, as well as alcohol. Klonopin is a benzo and to the best of my knowledge requires medical assistance if you are at certain levels.

I detoxed in a medical facility. It was not difficult for me but it did alleviate me of any anxiety about possible issues that might arise.

I would really suggest you contact a doctor to help you with this. I am so glad that you are taking this step.....it is definitely the best choice I have ever made.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Jaynie,

Unfortunately, I tried to detox on my own. After a couple of weeks of nightmarish withdrawals, I went to a new doctor who has put me on 50mg of Vistaril, 2-4 times daily. I just started the Vistaril today so I can't report any change/help as of yet. Had I known what I was doing to my self, I would never have tried the cold turkey approach. The twitching, headaches, irritability and brain fogs have been horrendous.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Isubanks, I'm sure you now realize how dangerous it was to try to go cold turkey off of a drug like klonopin. I hope you are okay now. Welcome to SR!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Isu, glad to hear that you found a doctor. I really didn't understand the gravity of what I was using. The sad thing is it's really easy to have a doctor give you the medicine but it is a whole heck harder to find a doctor to help you get off. And it is hard enough to make the decision to get clean, so trying to convince a doctor to help us seems incredibly frustrating.

I was prescribed it in the first place because I have 2 chronic pain conditions. I wish I had known what I was getting into.....I am glad you found SR. It is 24/7 and has been incredibly instrumental in helping me in the last few weeks.

I have learned a lot. One of the toughest parts of early recovery is patience. Not sure if you know about PAWS, but sometimes withdrawal can take a while and you are likely to have ups and downs, it is not a straight line equation. But, you are on your way, good for you, and I hope the meds the doc prescribed help ease your discomfort tonight. Take care!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by longbeachone View Post
Isubanks, I'm sure you now realize how dangerous it was to try to go cold turkey off of a drug like klonopin. I hope you are okay now. Welcome to SR!
I do now and in hindsight realize my mistake. I should have researched it or talked with a physician about it but I was too stubborn.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Isubanks! I'm so glad you found us.

I read Stevie Nicks' Bio and she had a terrible time with Klonopin - prescribed by her doctor no less. I know how hard it must be to kick it - but you've made a great start by joining us for support & encouragement. You can get your life back - be proud of yourself for wanting to make this big change.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
Hi Isu, glad to hear that you found a doctor. I really didn't understand the gravity of what I was using. The sad thing is it's really easy to have a doctor give you the medicine but it is a whole heck harder to find a doctor to help you get off. And it is hard enough to make the decision to get clean, so trying to convince a doctor to help us seems incredibly frustrating.

I was prescribed it in the first place because I have 2 chronic pain conditions. I wish I had known what I was getting into.....I am glad you found SR. It is 24/7 and has been incredibly instrumental in helping me in the last few weeks.

I have learned a lot. One of the toughest parts of early recovery is patience. Not sure if you know about PAWS, but sometimes withdrawal can take a while and you are likely to have ups and downs, it is not a straight line equation. But, you are on your way, good for you, and I hope the meds the doc prescribed help ease your discomfort tonight. Take care!
I was prescribed Klonopin after losing a child, then five months after she died, my fiancé was killed. I also wish I had known what I was getting in to. I am so glad you are doing well and look forward to talking with you in the future.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome Isubanks! I'm so glad you found us.

I read Stevie Nicks' Bio and she had a terrible time with Klonopin - prescribed by her doctor no less. I know how hard it must be to kick it - but you've made a great start by joining us for support & encouragement. You can get your life back - be proud of yourself for wanting to make this big change.
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! I want to cry. I do wish I could hear these words of encouragement from my husband. He doesn't seem to understand. I appreciate the support SO MUCH. I am so glad I found all of you.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Isubanks

Keep posting! Glad to meet you!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A couple decade run on Klonopin has serious consequences. My ten-year run didn't end very well, but I went cold turkey from a daily dosage of 20 milligrams.

So glad you got a doctor who has switched you to a longer acting drug and I hope he or she will follow through on a good tapering program.

Welcome to SR.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Isubanks, Just chiming in to say hello and welcome, this is a great caring number of folks who are here for you! I like your plan and I'm so saddened for your loss. TF
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Isubanks. Quick question. Is the Rx bottle gone? Disposed of? If not, close your eyes and flush them.

I'm sorry to hear you've endured such major tragedies. I'm sure the doctor had your best interest in heart when he wrote the original prescription. . . But I've had Klonopin. It's a mind-number for sure. Stay strong!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlefVavResh View Post
Isubanks. Quick question. Is the Rx bottle gone? Disposed of? If not, close your eyes and flush them.

I'm sorry to hear you've endured such major tragedies. I'm sure the doctor had your best interest in heart when he wrote the original prescription. . . But I've had Klonopin. It's a mind-number for sure. Stay strong!
Gone. I did flush the remaining down the toilet because I was afraid I would not be able to resist temptation. And I am glad I did because I KNOW I would have taken one after this past week of hell.