Notices

My baby sister died...

Old 06-01-2004, 11:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beverleywood
Thanks guys. The angels came to her Missy... she called dad at 6am the day she died and said "my two angels are talking to me, they said it was time to make some phone calls because it looks like today will be the day"....

We all take great comfort in that phone call.

Please, everyone on these boards, stay safe and know that there is help if you can just reach for it..
*chills*so sorry
Old 06-01-2004, 04:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

beverly

I am so sorry of your pain at this time and my heart and prayers are with you. As far as your message actually helping to save someone, already has. I am sitting here detoxing once again from yet another relapse. I am currently wiping the tear from my eye seeing it through the eyes of a family member that has lost someone to this horrifying disease. A sincere thank you for that, you just saved a life.
Many Prayers,
Roy
Old 06-01-2004, 05:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Beverly, I wish I was close, I'd give you a hug. My heart goes out to you, I'm so sorry.

You telling us about your sister will help so many here, me included. Alcoholism is a sad disease, what it does to us and the people around us, and one that's so hard to understand.

Thank you for sharing with us. Your sister is in heaven now, her pain is gone, so be happy for her. I know how bad she will be missed, but I also know she would want you to move on, find some peace in this.

Love, hugs and extra prayers.....Denise
Old 06-02-2004, 09:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you again everyone for your support. I wish I could have convinced her to find help online, but she wasn't much of a computer user

Roy, please keep trying, you will all be in my prayers. All of you, keep trying. And thank you.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
garden variety alcoholic

It's Never Easy...

Originally Posted by beverleywood
Thanks to all for your good and kind thoughts. It would be really wonderful if her death could make someone think twice.
...but, hearing about your sister, is keeping me sober today.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

There is no doubt in my mind that your sister spoke to her angels. I believe that God takes special care of those who are unable to care for themselves. Your story helped me know that I NEVER want to pick up a drink again.....one day at a time, of course.
God bless you and yours,
Lynda
Old 06-03-2004, 02:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. My mother also died of alcoholism at age 66. I tried to help her and my family was in denial. There is only so much you can do. Sad thing is the family had a counseling session with the pastor before funeral and there it could have been so productive but so many of my family is still in denial. I will pray for them and you and your lovely sister. God Bless
Old 06-03-2004, 02:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Beverly,
Just read your post. My heart grieves for you.
My heart felt prayers go out to you and your family.

CRS