SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One full week!!! :D (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/306448-one-full-week-d.html)

JackDsMissus 09-04-2013 12:24 PM

One full week!!! :D

I just realised it's been a full week since I had my last drink! My body is still full of aches and cramps but a lot of that is due to not sleeping well still I think but on the whole, I'm feeling pretty darn good and optimistic!

My main plan at the moment, is pure distraction, working lots, exercising lots and reading lotsa self help books & mediation etc... My addictive voice hasn't been quite as troublesome as I thought it would. I think because I am doing a programme alongside this, for recovery from narcissistic abuse that perhaps I am healing some of the hurt parts of me that actually thought it needed drink or whatever else it chooses to obsess over in that moment! I dont know I'm no physcologist. Just YAY! And hope I've really got the momentum going in the right direction now. :)

PippoRossi 09-04-2013 12:33 PM

Hi, Jack. Good for you for one full week! Feels pretty good, doesn't it? Can I ask what the programme is that you are doing for recovery from narcissistic abuse? It sounds intriguing.

ersatzmatriarch 09-04-2013 12:45 PM

well done, jdm!!! keep going!!

Yoctopus 09-04-2013 12:56 PM

Great to hear. And excellent that you are working on other parts of your life while recovering. That is something I am hoping to accomplish as well. I just knew nothing would work for my other areas until I get a handle on the drinking.

Congrats on the week. Here's to many many many more!

JackDsMissus 09-04-2013 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by PippoRossi (Post 4160540)
Hi, Jack. Good for you for one full week! Feels pretty good, doesn't it? Can I ask what the programme is that you are doing for recovery from narcissistic abuse? It sounds intriguing.

Ty :) Well, I'm not sure if outside links are allowed but I have been following Melanie Tonia Evans for a long time. (Have a google :D) When I decided I was leaving my abusive relationship, I brought her online programme. I'm only half way through but it has definitely helped me clear some of my mental & emotional junk!

GracieLou 09-04-2013 01:15 PM

Congrats on one week! :c011:

freshstart57 09-04-2013 01:18 PM

That's awesome Missus. It was the same with me, I couldn't even begin to fix that *stuff* in my life while I continued to drink. I finally decided to face it sober, and to do it for real.

After I quit, my demons shrank to manageable size, and many of them just disappeared phhhhhhhht.

Congratulations to you!

Impurrfect 09-04-2013 01:19 PM

Congratulations on a week! That's HUGE!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

JackDsMissus 09-05-2013 12:05 AM

Slept a full 8 hours last night! No waking! Yay! Day 8 is looking beautifulllll!!! On my way to work now just wanted to thank everybody and spread the joy :)

Dee74 09-05-2013 12:06 AM

congrats on your progress :)

D

CuteNGayYay 09-05-2013 12:11 AM

Yayyyyyy:You_Rock_

ZoeM 09-05-2013 12:11 AM

Well done!! It gets better and better :)

Acheleus 09-05-2013 12:16 AM

Keep the momentum going!!