Notices

Pretty sure I've substituted fruit for alcohol

Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

Hi sunset,

Go to YouTube, or Google, type in caramel latte, and take your pick.

Lots of videos and choices.

And they are all alcohol free!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Funny you mention buying fruit bob--I started my health kick today--went to the store, bought a ninja blender, got a whole bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables, Greek yogurt, almond milk, nuts and steel cut oats, and made a healthy smoothie--no more processed food for me; you are what you eat and I am sure my new diet will make me feel so much better!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm reading this thread in bed eating a bag of m&m's. When I'm done with those I will go get those pears I just bought. Yum.

Reading this thread made my mouth water. I love it.

After 6 months, I can splurge when it suits me and I've still lost weight. This alone is worth quitting drinking for IMO.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I chose Popsicles. Full on sugary goodness. My kids get so mad when I eat them all.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
I chose Popsicles. Full on sugary goodness. My kids get so mad when I eat them all.
I have a friend that went the Popsicle route.

I wanted chocolate and ice cream. That has pretty much passed but I still splurge. I have also taken up fruit. Apple slices and grapes are yummy.

I am also eating more veggies. I would have never, NEVER, eaten baby carrots as a snack and now I think they are pretty good. I try to add some canned corn or green beans to my dinner too.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It may sound funny getting addicted to fruit, but I think your body is craving certain nutrients. You are craving the power house antioxidant fruits! You body just might be saying I need vit C, K potassium. When I quit I craved peanut butter right out of the jar never ate it before, I think I was deficient in fats protein and iron.

Anyway congrats I've never seen anyone begging for change to get their mango fix
Old 09-04-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This thread is awesome, yummy food is my go-to more so than alternative drinks really. My fridge is full of fruit (grapes, peaches, pineapple, cherries, plums, kiwi, apples, oranges - my kids love it when I get them involved in making a fruit salad at the best of times and now they are over-the-moon, plus some very dark chocolate) and my cupboard is full of nuts and seeds as well as all the usual stuff. I've just eaten some paella for lunch (portioned and in the freezer) and later I'm going to make a veggie and nut curry and dahl. Nom. Nom. Nom.

Stick with the fruit Bob it's an awesome subsitute.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

branch out Bob!
try a chopped kale salad with fruit, almonds and some poppyseed dressing
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrunkenBob View Post
Going to the farmers market every other day now getting fruit. All kinds of fruit.

Grapes, blackberries, raspberries, plums, nectarines, peaches, blueberries even mango.
I love this! You are inspiring me to be more healthy
Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TexasMichael View Post
Ice cream, cookies, and fruit.

Lots of juices. Crushed ice and a blender. Been amazed at the alcohol-free beverages I can make in 5 minutes or less. Recently found the recipe for a Caramel Latte with whipped cream.

Being sober is so much fun!
Yes, fruit for me is going into smoothies at the moment. I get the sugar thing, but really, for me in the beginning, I'm sure it was the hit of minerals and antioxidants...I couldn't get enough blueberries, raspberries into my shakes.

I'm on a chocolate run this week though, which I'm not too happy about.

And I damn well had an ice cream this week. I seriously have not had ice cream for years....I blame peer influence from SR!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Bob fruit is a great alternative for your sugar cravings. I eat fruits everyday of the week as my snack choice. I have been a big fan of fruits for years and I love them. But on the weekends, I don't crave fruit, I crave the bad sweats. I just can't shake it right now. I hope it settles down soon. I can moderate the bad sweats on the weekdays, but I can not moderate it on the weekends which is driving me a little bonkers at the moment, but I sure this too will pass (hopefully sooner than later).
Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yeah bob... Sit down and quit showing off lol

Nah that's good far healthier for your body and its also giving you something to do going to the market I think.... I'm hesitant to say but I think my sugar cravings are subsiding lol I've still loads of treats in the cupboards but having a tuna and sweetcorn roll just now
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

LOL, I wish mine was fruit. It's anything junk for me!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
It may sound funny getting addicted to fruit, but I think your body is craving certain nutrients. You are craving the power house antioxidant fruits! You body just might be saying I need vit C, K potassium. When I quit I craved peanut butter right out of the jar never ate it before, I think I was deficient in fats protein and iron.

Anyway congrats I've never seen anyone begging for change to get their mango fix
That too!!!

Graham crackers and unsalted almond butter. LOTS of it. Literally by the scoop straight out of the jar.