Notices

Thinking of just serving my time..

Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking of just serving my time..

I don't know anymore, like, am I REALLY ready to stop using?
I'm thinking of just serving my 100 days in jail so I can be done with drug court and I can continue using.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a lot of really crazy ideas too, Jake.
Jails no place for anyone, much less young men.

Honestly? I think you need to give being clean and sober a chance - all you seem to be doing is white knuckling really?

The more situations you face without getting high to get through and the more positive changes you make to your life the less you'll want to get high.

I really hope you'll decide to stick with it.
D
Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jake, would it not be better to 'serve' those 100 days drug free, OUTSIDE prison? In there, they'll probably put you on a program anyhow and you'll have to serve the time totally aware of what's going on PLUS withdrawals.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please don't give in to it Jake. 100 days would be an eternity with no freedom or way out.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you have to come here and ask us, you already know the answer Jake. It's your life to live or to throw away, and no one's life is worth throwing away. That's not to say that some people don't do it, but you still have a choice at this point.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Jake - Your signature reads, "I'm taking my life back."

IMHO... I don't think doing 100 days in jail so that you can continue using is the best way for you to take your life back... just saying... Isn't using what has gotten you to this point in the first place?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jake I have to agree with everyone here, especially Dee. I had a very close call recently with the reality of jail. I was literally minutes from being remanded on the spot. I'm hear to tell you that those cuffs and the subsequent treatment feels A LOT different when you are set to actually go as opposed to merely being arrested. It becomes A LOT more real. They are not playing around at that stage of the game and quite frankly they don't care what you have done or what type of person you are. I gather you are just a number at that point. That alone made my daily choice pretty easy to start. Think about the Hell you are probably in right now being compounded ten fold. All the thoughts you are having right now will be all you have and they will eat you alive. Minutes will seem like hours, hours will seem like days. How long are we talking for probation? Maybe just try to focus getting past that for now. I myself have another 2-3 years to go. Join me in figuring out how sh*tty or life changing this whole sobriety thing can be man.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Jake, honestly that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. The courts gave you a chance with this drug court. It's meant to help you but you want to do the time? Lol. Nobody has sympathy for drug addicts in jail.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
I'm thinking of just serving my 100 days in jail so I can be done with drug court and I can continue using.
You can do that, or just take charge now and break the cycle. I am not sure why recovery has been hard for you, since I know how bad you seem to want it. Maybe you havent reached that level yet where you want to change bad enough? These choices are all only ones you can make. If it was me, I would do the treatment and try and break this life cycle of chaos and despair you have apparently been in for quite some time. I would NOT want to go to jail. I spent a night there and it was one of the worst nights of my entire life. I cant imagine 100 days, I think I would die.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Someone else posted here that he went to jail so he could use again. And he said that after he got out, the addiction descended into hell so quickly that he had to get sober in a couple months anyway.

You are being given a chance at a recovery program--I don't think you should subject yourself to prison time.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jake...I said to hell with it and spent 12 days in jail. It is punishment by boredom. If you have the chance to go before a drug court consider yourself lucky. We now have specialized courts for drug offenders.

If you spend your time in jail you will still be under the thumb of the law.

What's going to happen next Jake? Seriously?

What's really going on with you?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Then what happens after doing 100 days in jail? You are right back to square one white knuckling it or worse--using again, getting in trouble and ending up in jail or dead. It's a never ending cycle. Only YOU can break this cycle and you need to do it now. I will pray for you and ask God to do some divine intervention to give you the strength and foresight to kick this addiction to the curb
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Here's how I interpret that: "I'm willing to do 100 days in jail so I can continue to drink."

.....and ya know, I get that. I have a cousin who did 63 days for the same reason. Want to know something, he was more "free" when he was in jail. I think you get that too.

It IS, however, entirely possible to be sober AND happy......and to never pick up a drink again for the rest of your life. No jail required. ....I'd suggest option 3 above. There's a big difference, for an alcoholic, between "not drinking" and "recovery." Now I don't know if you're alcoholic or not but I can't imagine anyone on the planet not liking the life recovery has to offer - and I don't care if they're addicts or not. It's just a plain-n-simple great way to live.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Jake you are young. Going to jail will go on your record and might jeopardize your future and make getting into a good career difficult. Why do I say that? Because I truly believe that you DO have a good future if you give sobriety a chance.
I work with homeless people and a lot of them are carrying their past mistakes, criminal records etc. incurred because of their addictions while younger like a cross!
Don't do that to yourself.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jake you are a good man who deserves recovery and a good life. Pulling for you.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thats no life though Jake, and you deserve to really live, don't give up now x