Notices

I'm still here-not giving up

Old 09-02-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm still here-not giving up

Drank today. Got cocky and though Labor Day weekend would be different-that I could socially drink and be fine. Well company just left and I just had to sneak a few beers up to my room.

I'm getting back on the wagon immediately. Just re watched "Young Adult" the movie that inspired me to get sober and I am ready now. Realized I can't have a few drinks-which is heartbreaking to me in the moment but I will push through. The end result, as you all have displayed, is so much more worth it.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi limeskittles. Glad you posted about what happened.

That was the hardest thing for me - having to admit I could never touch it. I spent many years trying to control what I drank and it never worked. In the end, I drank all day - and by the time I was able to quit I'd done terrible damage to myself & my life was in shambles. This won't be you lime - you will get back to business and get free of it.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the response hevyn. (Those dogs!!)

I'm having trouble coming to the fact that I will never be able to drink again. I'm 23 and my friends are already planning our next group outing for next weekend for a night of binge drinking. It's hard for me to walk away from that because they all drink like me for that one night-then they next they don't. However there I am wanting to do it all over again night after night.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It came down to a simple either or for me LS

I could be the person I wanted to be...or I could drink.
I couldn't be both.

I went with fulfilling my potential and not destroying myself anymore - it was the best decision of my life
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I understand just what you mean LS. At 23 I ignored all the warning signs. You're smarter than I was. I just kept going with it and almost died in the end. You're saving yourself so much grief and drama.

Glad you like the dogs - they don't have a care in the world - must be nice.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you made the choice to come here and keep trying LimeSkittles. You have such a full life ahead of you and realizing your issues with alcohol at such an early age is a very envious position to be in. The thing that is really helping me now is that i finally realize that there is so much more to life than drinking. It's hard to see that when that's all you do of coures, but little by little you will find that life without alcohol is much more rewarding and pleasant than with alcohol. You might need to make some hard choices now ( finding some different friends, things to do, etc. )...but in the end, small sacrifices now pay large dividends down the road. Best of luck and stay with us.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks hevyn for the posts. It might be silly but my toy poodle Boo is the reason I decided I had a problem in the first place. I was sick of feeling her pain being neglected of her walks and treats by me. She will continue to be the main support for me as my parents don't think I truly have a problem. They think it is just me be dramatic and thinking that anyone my age drinks the way I do. I would beg to differ.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott so much for the post