Notices

60 hours

Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

60 hours

I am so tired of these roller coaster emotions. Up, down, strong, weak, happy, depressed... I don't like sobriety. I go through phases, like now, wondering what is the point. Why am I trying to stop? Sweating, headaches... I stopped for 96 hours, drank three drinks, now stopped for 60. I don't feel good.

When does it smooth out? And why am I even doing this?

Old 09-02-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Raider, 60 hours is great, but it is not sobriety. It is withdrawals. When you get more sobertime, you will like it. When your body has had time to get well. It's wonderful to not be sick from the alcohol. Sobertime will heal. Very best wishes. Keep going. It gets better.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

On day 5 and the world has change4 . Hang in there
Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Agree with pink, the affects linger, it depends on the person. It's not an ON/OFF switch. The rewards are not instant.

Worst case scenario, you might do this so you don't lose everything and die from it.

I recall you are religious. Can you seek personal\face to face support in that area?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes 66' I am. But at this point, it's just words. I am not moved. I pray and pray and pray.

Thanks Lommex and Pinkdog.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Yes 66' I am. But at this point, it's just words. I am not moved. I pray and pray and pray.

Thanks Lommex and Pinkdog.
I think, you are supposed to be listening for the answer too

Lorelei seems to be trying to get through 60 minutes at a time right now. Maybe you should look for her thread and join in?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang on Raider, it gets better and it gets easier. The first few days are rough, but just think, you will never have to go through the first few days again if you can hold on!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marcher

Yes, this part is hard! I also wondered why I was doing it, what was the point? This withdrawal time is hard, painful, miserable, and seemingly pointless. But this is just part of getting sober. Remember how this feels. The suffering is there and you can make it mean something. Keep praying. I didn't feel that my soul existed at all, and I didn't get any immediate answers or relief. But I kept praying (it was also a lot of begging!) and now I can see how those prayers were answered. They were, because I survived and made it through. You'll see things more clearly later. Just trust the process. You will never have to do this again, if you will just push through. You can do it! Stick around here as much as possible and read. We all care about you!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

I am so tired of these roller coaster emotions. Up, down, strong, weak, happy, depressed... I don't like sobriety. I go through phases, like now, wondering what is the point. Why am I trying to stop? Sweating, headaches... I stopped for 96 hours, drank three drinks, now stopped for 60. I don't feel good.

You've been drinking large amounts of liquor, which is toxic for the brain, central nervous system, lungs, digestive system and all internal organs. Our bodies aren't built to instantly rebound from the constant ingestion of poison.

I don't know why you're doing this. I stopped because I wasn't ready to die.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

These are classic symptoms for this phase. It'll take a little while longer for all that to go away. Just go through it and it will get a lot better. And it probably won't take that long. couple of days, a week maybe. Nothing you can't push yourself through.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

what is the point. Why am I trying to stop?
The point is this is not recovery - this is withdrawal. Unfortunately we need to get through withdrawal to get to recovery.

You will feel better Raider - hang in there...if you feel concerned in any way see your Dr.

D
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Remember those feelings next time you want a drink, how you don't want to have to go thro this all over again, your body is ridding itself of poison, it won't be pleasant, use it to fuel your reasons not to pick up a drink again. Be strong x