Notices

:(

Old 09-02-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

:(

Having a moment of depression here.. I really feel like everyone in my family hates me and has given up on me except my Dad. Drinking isn't crossing my mind at the moment cuz I live with the parents at the moment due to a layoff, but I am just feeling really alone.. it seems they r all so close but me. Anyway technically Today is my Day 8 and I'm going to bed hoping this feeling is gone tomorrow. *hugs* Happy Labor Day Everyone! <3
Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahh don't be thinking like that I'm sure your much loved by your parents - I hope you feel better in the morning. Sometimes a good sleep does us the world of good. And we all care here about you so don't feel alone cos your not
Old 09-02-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

seems to be a lot of people feeling that way this long weekend - stick around SR for a while, maybe...talk it out?

D
Old 09-02-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sometimes we feel most alone, with the people we love! Don't know what thats all about, partly our illness I think... but keep strong day 8 is amazing xx
Old 09-02-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you 13,Dee,Lor. Ya Dee, I found it nice that the first thing I thought to do was go on SR to post b4 bed.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I always felt very alone in my family. I think Lorelei is right. We also seem to harbour this feeling of otherness quite a lot so that we can feel alone all the time even if we're not. Sometimes I think it is the addiction itself that makes us feel that way. I have felt a lot more connected in sobriety even though in some ways I have been more isolated. I hope you feel better soon anyway x
Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days. Lots of people feeling down this weekend for some reason. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In a way, addiction (and trying to stop) can be alienating. Sometimes it's like being in a room full of people but no one there speaks your language. There's just an understanding gap that's hard to bridge. There's no feeling much lonelier than being alone in a roomful of people.

But deep down your family does "get" you, as a rule. It may be that they're "giving you space." Sometimes you have to go to them.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back around

Early recovery is a bit of an emotional roller-coaster. However, strap in, hold on and keep letting us know how you are.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Did the sleep help?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
In a way, addiction (and trying to stop) can be alienating. Sometimes it's like being in a room full of people but no one there speaks your language. There's just an understanding gap that's hard to bridge. There's no feeling much lonelier than being alone in a roomful of people.
I totally agree with this, that's exactly how I feel sometimes. Part of my sobriety involves me distancing myself from the people from my past and it takes time to search for new things to fill your time.

I hope you feel better after a sleep cute
Old 09-02-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You guys n gals r great! I'm feelin a bit better today. Just goin to lunch with a friend and gonna be happy I feel well enough too and not drunk or too hungover to even deal with life.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey CNGY ,
good to hear you made it through

Sometimes being a middle aged big , un-hairy bear of a guy i tend to feel out of place in a lot of places , also with my family when they start on about kids, wives, partners and stuff, it can start to feel quite isolating , i certainly think i'd see my parents and family more if i'd have been heterosexual and had children ...

What i tend to do is try to apply the wisdom i got from some AA'ers about focusing on our common bonds to try and bring about a spirit of unity ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-02-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Mecanix. I def know what your talking about with the isolation thing. Especially while single.... thanks for the comment and I thin YOU rock.