Notices

Feelings

Old 09-01-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feelings

I never knew all these negative emotions were covered with alcohol. I am so alone and scared, I just keep returning to the horrible things that happened to my mom, dad, and me. I just have to cry. I hope some of you all feel good this labor day weekend.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm just as miserable, lol. Sorry you are feeling bad right now. I am in the depths of despair myself. It's rough. It will all pass though, I do know that. Hang in there.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jules

Sorry you feel that way Acheleus. Have you tried to talk to someone about these horrible feelings/thoughts?

I know sometimes for me I get caught up in my negative thinking and keep replaying things that have happened in the past, just rehashing things that are never going to change. A lot of times what helps me is to get out and get some fresh air, take a walk in a park, somewhere just to clear me head and get a little space. It kind of "resets" my head so to speak.

I don't know what happened in the past but if its traumatic maybe some counseling would help or just talking about your fears. Holding it in and dealing with it yourself will probably make it worse.

Hang in there.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea you guys are from alone; trust me on that one as I sit here mad at myself I didn't buy a pint when I had the chance earlier ...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am feeling emotional today too. The whole week really. The other day I cried like I haven't cried in a long time...couldn't breathe in or out. But I felt I let some pent up pain go. When we are sober we can feel and let go of our pain. In my opinion anyway. What I know 100% without doubt is that a drink won't solve anything. Glad you posted this here, you are not alone
Old 09-01-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

hugs

I've cried rivers of tears in early sobriety, let those things get out....
Old 09-01-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Acheleus)))
Old 09-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I called my dad but he was in bed feeling bad himself. I have no friends and no one to talk to, which makes this even harder. I'm all off today, everything feels weird. I hope I will feel better in a little while.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel for ya Ach; I feel like I am in the same boat but mine is sinking fast Hang in There
Old 09-01-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, we are here for you, Achelus. I'm really sorry you're feeling down.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't know your situation, but I have struggled since getting sober. It seems like all the pain & hurt, I "tried" to drink away came back sevenfold.
The good news is the longer you're sober, the less severe the feelings.

I had to learn that not drinking wasn't the only thing I had to do.
I started taking vitamins, exercising, etc. I damaged my brain w years of abuse so it's going to take awhile for it to heal.
when my mind starts taking me deep down into the pit of despair, I try to read or get on SR to keep my mind occupied.

I learned that feelings won't kill me but alcohol will.
Stay strong, it will pass...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am going to eat and then try to clean. I'm just so unmotivated.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are having a tough time Acheleus. It can be difficult to deal with negative emotions when newly sober. It is part of the healing process though and by facing these emotions without a drink you will feel stronger and more equipped to deal with them. If you need people to talk to there is a chat room on here. Lots of people use it for support. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hayley is right. About facing the emotions and that it will heal in time. I think that for however long we drank, we learned to cope by not feeling all these emotions. And they compound. Not some brilliant revelation But, it is what has happened. And so now, after having depleted some of the neurotransmitters in the brain, and kind of screwing up that neurochemistry a bit, we are removing the drug that was the patch. I can imagine that it takes as long as we drank to re-learn how to deal with life and emotions. I really wish it didn't take so long. Maybe, by doing things to help ourselves, like exercise, vitamins, eating healthy, getting around others, therapy, etc. we can speed the process along. I sure hope so. I am right there with ya
Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to everyone whos feeling down today - stick by SR

D
Old 09-01-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I think I am having a panic attack. Maybe I need to call someone for help.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That's probably a good idea, if you can be with someone else and change the space you're in a bit...
Who do you think you'll call?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dear Acheleus, I'm sorry you are feeling down today. Try to get out and do something tomorrow. Maybe a thriftstore or hobbyshop. Find something to challenge your mind. Stay busy. I'm sending you love and a hug today. If you need to talk to someone, find a counselor or clergy. Talking it out helps too.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am just watching tv trying to calm down. I just want to be with my dad for some reason, he is the only family I have, and I don't have any friends. Says a lot about me I guess. I'm all broken inside, and I don't know why I can't just relax and enjoy my life. Sleeping and reading might be in order. Glad I have the day off tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

If you can concentrate enough to read, I think that's a real blessing Hope you get some peace and rest.