Notices

2 months sober

Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 months sober

And I couldn't have done it without SR and the class of July 2013. I'm feeling really good most days, yesterday wasn't so good but even depression and anger didn't give me the urge to drink.

One thing I've noticed tho is how friggin' rude people are. I was at a get together on Friday night and, after she offered me a cocktail, I told the hostess, that I had stopped drinking. She turned and looked at me and said "did you think you had a problem? Is that why you stopped?" I was bowled over. I said no, I went on a diet. Luckily she didn't respond, oh is it because you're too fat? Another lady at work asked if I had started to drink yet because she wanted to go for drinks. I know I should let it roll off of me but I thinks it's rude.

Still trying to find out who I am, now that I'm sober. Didn't think I would be soul searching at this point in my life.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two months sober! And yes, people can be terribly rude sometimes.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some people need slapped in the face with a trout (imagine that the next time someone's rude lol)

Well done on standing your ground and 2 months amazingness!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Haha yeah I have a friend who is a wine rep, she always has tons of really great wine. I told her a couple times what was going on with me and after I made the more serious transition to sobriety she did not seem to get it. She always says, "when you're drinking again we can..." I cat sit for her a lot, and she is always very grateful. She actually still tries to give me cases of wine. And when I say no she insists. I never accept them. But she is by far the most obnoxious about my decision to quit. Who needs enemies when you've got friends??
Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 2 months!

I mentally picture people's heads exploding when they say stuff like that.

But I love the trout thing too!

Yeah, people suck.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 months!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done Secretary. For some reason I don't find your hostess's question particularly rude. But I didn't hear her tone of voice or see her body language. However, perhaps she was concerned for you? Or just curious? I understand it was a bit nosy, but I guess I would have been ok with the question. However, if she had insisted on your having a drink, I would have a different opinion.

But we all have our own boundaries, personally, I long ago stopped asking people why they weren't drinking. I've had more than a few friends who quit drinking after serious alcohol problems, so I've learned to just let non-drinker be non-drinkers without my questioning why. It's there business and no concern of mine.

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 2 months secretary

I try to simply smile enigmatically and move away at things I consider rude from people I barely know

D
Old 09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done =]]]
Old 09-01-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So proud of you Secretary! 2 months is a great accomplishment. It'll keep getting better.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Way to go on 2 months! I too have a drinking friend who appears to be in a state of morn since I stopped drinking 12 days ago. I can't help to feel that she is just sitting on the sidelines waiting for me to relapse. Even thinking about it makes me never want to drink with her again.... Not even coffee!!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
Well done Secretary. For some reason I don't find your hostess's question particularly rude. But I didn't hear her tone of voice or see her body language. However, perhaps she was concerned for you? Or just curious? I understand it was a bit nosy, but I guess I would have been ok with the question. However, if she had insisted on your having a drink, I would have a different opinion.

But we all have our own boundaries, personally, I long ago stopped asking people why they weren't drinking. I've had more than a few friends who quit drinking after serious alcohol problems, so I've learned to just let non-drinker be non-drinkers without my questioning why. It's there business and no concern of mine.

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement.
I guess I didn't think it was the time nor place to ask thar question. She's kind of a nosy person.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

DOn't let it get to you. You did great since july. I messed up twice, it is not worth it!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great job secretary! Two months is a lot to be proud of!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MTD

Misery lovessss company! I believe many people that don't understand are really in trouble with alcohol and are jealous that you are strong enough to take the road to sobriety. You are doing awesome! Stay strong
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Awesome on the 2 months!!!!!
I haven't had enough time under my belt to encounter any rude people. But, when/if I do, I just try to think how I may have rudely reacted to someone not drinking. Not that I would've meant to be rude, I just wouldn't have understood.
Rude people or no, you are doing great!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Secretary, 2 months sober? You are [B]FANTASTIC[/B . Congratulations.