Notices

feeling bad

Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling bad

when I was drinking I didn't notice my husbands indifference to me but now it really hurts but I suppose that's how he has felt for at least the last 6 years. he cat do it any more and its over. 6 years too late in making the choice to give up. Ithink he really was in love with me or he wouldn't have stayed so long. Just spoke to my daughter who is away and she says she is proud of me and loves me . phoned my first good friend and told her she was really good though quite shocked. first aa meeting tomorrow scared stiff will also try to make an appointment with the doctor. cant eat or sleep but not sure if that's the drink or the break down of my relationship with my husband. work tomorrow so I have to think of others. one day at a time isn't that what they say hope tomorrows better
Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They do. And they also say that it is probably best not to make any major decisions about your life in early recovery. I'm very early on too, so I am only repeating what I have heard at AA. Good luck with AA and your personal journey Lommey.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Your husband might be hurting too ..

Keeping sober will give you the best oppertunity at sorting things out , none of us knows what the future holds .. just get through each day as best you can .

It sometimes takes more than a few days of sobriety for our loved ones to be trusting .. at least a year for me and my mum ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best wishes for you lommey.

Take care.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself time to get feeling better, more sober time before you make any big decisions. Your husband may just not be used to a sober you and may feel confused. Just stay sober a day at a time and I hope it all works out for you.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just stay sober and take it easy. You'll get the best outcomes that way. They might not be the ones you want, but they will still be better than if you drink.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks I know he was hurting but feels now he needs to look after himself not even a matter of trust now .. hes tired
Old 09-01-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you to everyone I don't think I could have got through today without my new friends, im glad I found this site. now its time for a bath then bed. awake tomorrow maybe tired but no handover and sober