Notices

Bad Day - Need a Reminder

Old 08-31-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad Day - Need a Reminder

Hi Everyone. Yesterday was a rough day. I'm still getting settled in a new home and a new job and I had one of those no good terrible rotten days where nothing really goes right that you plan to do. I almost felt like I did when I was drinking only these bad things happened for no reason instead of because I was drinking.

Anyway, last night I started thinking that a glass of wine would help calm me down and make me feel better and help me sleep. All of that is true. However, I can't stop at one glass. I'm posting because I have to say it again. I am incapable of only having one glass and going to bed. One glass always turns into a bottle, no sleep, anxiety, and more bad days.

Today I continued to have some of these thoughts - not as strong as last night but still in the back of my mind. I started thinking that maybe I was just being dramatic and needed some time apart from alcohol so I could hit the reset button on my problem and that if I drank a glass of wine tonight it would be different. I know that is false but its the way that voice tries to get me back with alcohol again.

My life has been so much better without alcohol and I truly believe that I was blessed to be able to realize where I was going before I arrived there but sometimes its easy for me to convince myself that I'm fine because I never drove drunk or lost my job or hurt anyone other than myself. I have to keep remembering that the only reason for that is circumstances. I haven't avoided calamity by making good decisions. I've been lucky.

I am an alcoholic. I cannot drink. I just need to see it in black and white sometimes.

Thanks for listening!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard getting through the bad days, but it sounds like you're getting through this.

Good luck with your new job.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for the rotten day July2413.

The way I look at it is I have bad days now...when I drank I had bad months even bad years. Drinking is one way to ensure a bad day.

My fellow mod Ann says the difference between a bad day and a good one is usually about two days.

I haven't proved her wrong yet

D
Old 08-31-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry for the bad day! Maybe think about whatever events on July232013 led you here? Have a better day tomorrow!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm sorry that you had a tough day and I'm glad that you came here to post. That's what it's all about, the honesty in knowing that you can't have just one glass.

I hope that things are better and easier for you tomorrow
Old 08-31-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're awesome for having a bad day and staying in touch with your goals. Hope you feel better soon
Old 08-31-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

July, I feel your pain. You made it through a bad day sober. You're stronger than you think!