Notices

Putting lipstick on a pig...

Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MTD

Putting lipstick on a pig...

This is how I look at my alcoholism. I was a functioning alcoholic. I had a good job, dressed nice, nice car ect. Until the towards the end. I noticed that towards the end of my addiction I was letting things go that always made me think I wasn't an alcoholic. I quit working, started gaining weight, lost interest in the things I liked to do. My life was changing and not for the better. We can fool ourselves into thinking that we are not alcoholics but the proof cannot be ignored. Looking back I can now see the train wreck that was headed my way. Yes it was very hard to admit that I have a disease but once I was able to the changes I have made are amazing. Its not all roses the carvings hit me like a train but I know that they will pass. For anyone that thinks they may have a problem but don't think they are alcoholics just know that we come from all walks of like. We can cover it up and make it seem like we are right with the world but that is just for the benefit of everyone else. What I realized is that I went through a lot of trouble trying to hide my alcoholism but in the end its just Putting lipstick on a pig...
Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well said, my experience is very similar in many ways, and I agree with you completely.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I never thought alcohol really change me....until I stayed stopped and went through all of the physical and mental changes....then I realized how much I had been affected (or is it effected?)

Keep moving forward!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes making it seem we are right with world that is so true..........would also add slowly but surely convincing oneself that all is ok or all will be ok, but its not ok and sure as hell is never going to get better unless the first step is taken to stop drinking and to get going in the right direction and to start living again.