Notices

I am back

Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
I want to cry after typing all that out. Cry, because I do not *want* to stop drinking. That is my struggle. I really need to find a way to want it, and to reconcile that and feel happy and new about it.

I can get through a month or two at times, even as much as 4-5, once, and my pregnancies, etc... but always knowing I will celebrate that with a glass of wine in the end. I usually rally up some strength when I know I have a check up or bloodwork to do for my cholesterol and diabetes, or for my liver panel. I need to find a different motivation. Something that does not have an end, where I feel like I deserve something. Or maybe I need a new reward.
Sounds exactly like me, Rochele. Prediabetic, now, too. I've been dragging my for YEARS and know I can't keep pushing the envelope.

A sponsor even dropped me just over a month or so ago telling me I wasn't willing enough, that perhaps I needed to hit bottom first. That hurt, but I knew it was true.

Thing is, I need to keep trying. Thank you for having posted this. I needed to think things through again, and it helped. Going to join the class of September 2013.