Notices

Went To a BBQ

Old 08-30-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went To a BBQ

So today I went to a bbq a friend was having because she is moving away. There was plenty of alcohol there but I didn't drink. I was tempted for a moment, but I let that go away. Luckily this girl has had her share of issues with alcohol and we've had some pretty open (both drunk and sober) conversations on the topic, so it wasn't difficult to tell her I was in a non-drinking phase.

Funny still how when you aren't drinking at a party people are like, oh can I get you something, are you sure you're cool, do you need a drink? Like, no, I'm fine. I think next time I will just keep a cup of water in my hand so people stop trying to offer me stuff!

It wasn't like pressure or anything, just a funny thing how uncomfortable people can feel when you aren't drinking. Like they are afraid you aren't having a good time. I'm more relaxed and laid back when I'm sober (as opposed to much more boisterous and, at times, obnoxious), so maybe I just seem quieter.

Anyway, 29 days sober and still feeling pretty resolved.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Congrats on 29 days! That's great. Staying strong in a situation like that isn't easy so congrats on that too.

When info to a function like that I make sure I can leave if I need to. Sometimes it can just be too much.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-31-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you made it thru without drinking. Keep on keepin' on. It will get better.