Notices

Day 5 and heading for the cottage

Old 08-30-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and heading for the cottage

I have reached day 5, with the help of 3 AA meetings this week and I am heading up to our cottage tonight to meet my parents who took my kids up earlier today. It would be so easy to cruise the 3.5 hours up there with two vodka lemondaes and make the ride go so much faster. In the long run though, I think it would be even easier to make the drive completely sober and spend the time relflecting on this past week and not let myself and all of you down.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay strong!!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope you have a good time FmK99 ,

I found it nice to *really* be there for my loved ones rather than having an alky cloudy head

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My day 5 too, FMK. I am looking forward to hearing from you after the weekend. This would be my first sober weekend in 20+ years. Hopefully, we will have good reports to exchange. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mecanix, I know exactly what you mean. There was "drunk" daddy, who was fun and played with them but then could not remember it the next morning and now there is sober Daddy, who remembers the entire 2 hours I cuddled with my boys on the couch last night talking and watching pre-season football. You are right, you can be there WITH them when you are drunk, but you be there FOR them when you are sober.

It seems so damn simple, why does it have to be so hard sometimes?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Formykids99 View Post
Mecanix, I know exactly what you mean. There was "drunk" daddy, who was fun and played with them but then could not remember it the next morning and now there is sober Daddy, who remembers the entire 2 hours I cuddled with my boys on the couch last night talking and watching pre-season football. You are right, you can be there WITH them when you are drunk, but you be there FOR them when you are sober.

It seems so damn simple, why does it have to be so hard sometimes?
This is beautifully put. As I dad I know exactly of what you speak. It's a better life, even if at times it's not easy.

Enjoy the drive and your boys.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

firstymer, congratulations my fellow 5 day'er. Remember a weekend is less than 5 days and you have already handled that. Remember that the days all end in Y. They are all 24 hours. Remember what you did to handle Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and today and then do the same things that worked for you on Saturday. Don't even worry about Sunday right now, when the time comes just do whatever worked for you on Saturday. Keep going, one day at a time really does seem to be working for me. We will both have great reports for each other after the weekend.

Take care.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"It seems so damn simple, why does it have to be so hard sometimes?"
Getting and staying sober is simple, we just don't drink and life (we) get better. We seem to complicate "a free lunch" with our complicated thinking sometimes. I know I still do, which shows we're still human. BE WELL