Notices

One step forward and two back!!!

Old 08-30-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One step forward and two back!!!

My 28 year old daughter sent me a text today saying she seen my supplier and telling me how she acted with no care in the world.....I have helped her drive a better car then me...I feel so bad....I have been doing good but they always seem to bring it right back in my face....I need advice how to deal with all this hurt I have cause.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Gracie,

Please help me understand a little more what you mean when you say "she seen my supplier and telling me how she acted with no care in the world.....I have helped her drive a better car then me...I feel so bad....I have been doing good but they always seem to bring it right back in my face....I need advice"

Thank you!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter is talking about the girl I was buying my pills from....I have been clean for 2 weeks and she is not letting me see my granddaughter because of what I wad doing. I am trying so hard but it always seems to be reminders.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Two weeks clean is wonderful!

But it takes much longer to undo the damage we inflicted on others with our addiction. Don't let the shame and guilt drive you back to the pills. Stay clean, your actions will speak for themselves and you can start healing your relationships with your daughter. But only if you stay recovered.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is the only thing I can do is prove myself to her.....It hurts knowing what I did!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gracielane8, None of us can go back and change what we have done in the past. For all of us at SR, we have left varying trails of damage. But the beauty that I am finding in sobriety (even at a mere 4 days of sobriety), is that my NOW is so much better, and my FUTURE seems so much brighter. And for those that know and love me (the few that are left), I think that is what is most important to them. I like the sober me better. They like the sober me better. Those that are most important to you will come around, as long as you keep proving yourself to them. Congratulations on your two weeks of sobriety. You should be very proud of yourself. Good luck.