Notices

Day 14 checkin in

Old 08-30-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Day 14 checkin in

It's day 14 and a Friday

Life's been good to me . I have much to be grateful for. Sure there's things to deal with everyday . So what do I do , I wake up put my shoes on and walk the walk. One foot in front of the other. Face it , whatever life brings.

I need a little support , today. Your words, they help

Tr
Old 08-30-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulation one 14 one day at a times. It does get easier if we let it and it helps the process thinking of little things to be grateful for each day. BE WELL
Old 08-30-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ricky! Great to see you today! Day 14! Awesome!

Lets make this 14, 15, 16 and 17 for this long weekend! You can do it!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey TR,14 days is awesome.

Do you have any activities lined up for the weekend?
I have to do some work on my truck.Then hopefully take the family to the local county fair.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Riky.

14 clean days...glad you keep choosing to keep your promise to yourself each new day. Each day puts the murk of the past further behind you and closer to the man you were meant to be.

I know you've had some shaky times. I found a post from another member today where he talked about the rage at times when letting go of alcohol and it reminded me of how we all want these beasts off our back so much. Keep that strength up....forget it's Friday and remember, it's just today you need to say no.

We are all doing the best we can. Stick with it!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sgs

day 15 here--thanks folks for your posts--feel kind of normal today--whatever that is. I am still eating sweets and carbs late afternoon and evening when I would have been drinking. I have a great long time husband who doesn,t say much but I can tell how much this means to him.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days, Riky. Halfway to a month, woo hoo!

Keep up the great work.

June
Old 08-30-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days Riky...brilliant!.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

day 15 , wtf, about the next 3 days

I have the next 3 days off and don't have a plan . I won't use because I have no money either. I bought tires for my car and paid bills , wtf. That's not me. Every Holiday past I would have set money aside for drugs. I'm pissed that my daughters boyfriend decided to take her and the kids on holiday to the lake . He decided yesterday. No planning . I can't go i didn't put the money aside. So here i am alone with my negative thinking. Can't seem to concentrate , read , plan nothing. Rambling. I wanted to text text my daughter and tell her how i feel but no good would come from that. She does whatever her boyfriend decides. She said last night that she'd rather have gone camping , locally, then i could have gone , wtf . Need to think more positive thoughts. Feels good to vent. Share it , it helps

Tr
Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

trikyriky, congrats on 14 days!!!!!!!

You get the banana dance for that one

If you get really bored you can attempt to follow what the front banana is doing

Oh yeah, and we're here for you!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Riky...it sounds like you we're hoping your daughter and her children would be close by perhaps to distract you from your weekend?

No plan sounds a little dangerous, especially when you also want to send angry texts. Is it possible to get out, go for a long walk to get some endorphins going and get out your pent up frustration?

It's not really up to your daughter to plan her life around you now you are clean (sorry, you know it is true). Have you looked into ways to manage the anger when it comes? I know you were struggling with it not long ago. Are there any support services in your area you could call at the very least to get you through the weekend?

You need a plan.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Riky...it sounds like you we're hoping your daughter and her children would be close by perhaps to distract you from your weekend?

It's not really up to your daughter to plan her life around you now you are clean (sorry, you know it is true). You need a plan.
I know it. The text thing was brief. Not gonna happen. I love her and want her to enjoy life. I have a plan , brewing. First to just get motivated , get out of my own head. Get outside , Go fishing , something
Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yea ricky, 14 days! Great start. It gets easier. Good job. Walk the walk, that sounds good. Best wishes. Keep going.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The first couple of weeks were hard...so close to saying WTF and buying that six pack.

Congrats!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ricky ,

Payin' ya bills and sorting out the motor are good things to do .
With more sober time i found myself able to bring the spirit of sobriety into more areas of my life like putting some money into savings, paying my bills and being able to treat those close to me to gifts if i fancied that .

Not having money today living paycheque to paycheque is a consequence of the use and old lifestyle before , try not to keep the same old habbit going , you are getting it better, you are going forwards and doing well ..

As a rhetorical question what would financial sobriety mean to you, if anything ?

Stick with it , m
Old 08-31-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
I know it. The text thing was brief. Not gonna happen. I love her and want her to enjoy life. I have a plan , brewing. First to just get motivated , get out of my own head. Get outside , Go fishing , something
Excellent!

Fishing sounds like fun. I haven't been fishing in ages. Hope you feel better soon and get out and enjoy the sunshine.

I got my car serviced this week too, so try to remember the positive things you've done also, Riky. Keep well.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 14 days!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Riky, you are moving in the right direction. I love your posts. You are always so encouraging. You can do it...keep developing that plan of yours for the weekend and stick with it. You payed bills, you let your daughter go enjoy without making an issue, these are not always easy choices, but good ones. now distract yourself , get out of your head, do whatever you need to, whatever you can. You'll be happy and proud on the other side. Thinking of you.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

People like me, at Day 6, are inspired by people like you, TR. Thanks for showing us that it can be done. I was chatting last night about going to a ballgame and trying to stay sober, even though I always drink at ballgames. I was having a good day so I wasn't overly concerned. I was strongly advised to "have a plan" for the game. (Thanks, Freshstart57.) I didn't know what that meant. Until I got to the ballgame. Everyone I was with was drinking and/or drunk. I was overwhelmed by the urge to drink. It would have been so easy to go back to bottle. The plan that I had thrown together allowed me (barely) to make it to Day 6. I have become a big proponent of "the plan" as a result. Good luck, TR. Stay strong. I look forward to your next post.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

TR, way to go on your 14 days. That is not trivial. You know we are always pulling for you. I think going fishing is a great idea. I have to get out of the house to get out of my head sometimes too. As you get better, those camping trips will be there. Take care and keep posting!

Your Pal,
Cas