Notices

weeKenders *ring ring* Aug 30, 31st and 1st Sept

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

weeKenders *ring ring* Aug 30, 31st and 1st Sept

Howdy Y'all ,

Seems to me these weekends come round quicker and quicker !

I have some bills i need to sort out this weekend. I have'nt recieved a council tax bill for a few years now for my 12 x 30 ft 300 year old house in france. So i need to chase them up before things get unmanageable and they decide to take it back in lieu of debt .

Having a big tidy up at home , try and throw some stuff out before the winter starts and before i get squirrely .

Tend to get a bit of a low mood at the end of the year, so making things tidy makes stuff easier to deal with

It is the weekend , Lets all get through it , two years for me , Who's gonna join me ?

Roll up Roll up get your sober weekend and *ring ring* here ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Two years..impressive. For me it willbe my first weekend. But I feel very confident still. Have a lot of things planned not involving drinking..
Old 08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lots of work to do this weekend. 12 days sober.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hand me that pen good sir till i sign that dotted line! Amazing on your 2 years! Do you have a bit of that S.A.D? I tend to think I do - or maybe I just hate the cold and the dullness lol (had to edit this 3 times it made no sense pmsl)
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done Victoria I'm sure you will be fine and we are all here to support you if you need to rant.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in - gonna be a toughie as it's my bday today on top of the weekend. NOT giving in though - have told everyone I'm going away, but in truth, am hibernating out of harms way x
Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not Alone

15 months. Chilled out weekend. One day left of holiday and then back to work on Sunday. I may or may not be going to a works do on Saturday night. I've done all the tedious admin and tidying up jobs through the week

Natom.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Going to chill this weekend. Great time to clear the head as I think I'm at a paws-episode of sorts. If any work it will be light and not a main focus. The friday-trigger is there. It's just a little more hidden.

Happy birthday ZoeM!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i'm totally in for a sober weekend!

gotta get school supplies, do some more house painting, watch a movie with the husband, maybe hit the pool, take a few naps hopefully...

nothing too exciting here, but it will all feel good because i'm not drinking!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

M! 2 years! You continue to be a strong inspiration for many here and me. Thank you and congrats!

Happy birthday Zoe!

I feel very good today... Strong and ready for a long weekend. I don't have a lot planned but I have my toolbox.

Take for instance I always get out of work early on holiday weekends. That's a big deal for me cuz when I get home I feel like I should treat myself and go for one. Ha! 1!

So in my tool box is I leave about a half hour earlier than I would and go home for a walk on the treadmill. I find if I do a little exercise before a trouble time I feel good and its easier to deal with the craving.

I also eat sweets around the same time since they help with cravings.

Little things I have learned for me to get by really help.

If I get really cloudy headed... Like I don't want to think and go on auto pilot to the bar so I don't fight myself.... Then I write things down. Speak them out loud. Call a friend.

Just don't drink... Cuz if I drink today I will not stop until Tuesday. And I know that.

So... I will be here! *Ring Ring*!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken
Old 08-30-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Happy Birthday Zoe!

I am here and ready for the weekend.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Earth! Good to see you!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Have a Second Job interview today and am going to use the weekend cleaning, straightening, and doing yard work. I need to be extra busy to help not stress over how I did on this interview, I'd really like to get this job.

It's Labor Day weekend here in the US (Holiday) and I've been invited to a family cookout on Sat. Haven't quite decided if I'm going to go yet or not. Beer and booze will be flowing. Luckily, my family doesn't pressure anyone to drink. Still, warm sunny day, swimming pool and beer. I'm sure the craving monster may put in an appearance.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by bikeracct View Post
i'm in.

Have a second job interview today and am going to use the weekend cleaning, straightening, and doing yard work. I need to be extra busy to help not stress over how i did on this interview, i'd really like to get this job.

good luck on the job interview (and avoiding the beast!) have a great weekend!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My first one too Victoria. I have a thing with friends on sat but my husband knows I will not be drinking and is very supportive but I will need you guys. I am anxious to prove to myself I can do it.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm in. I didn't work this past week (I don't work for a company, I work on my own doing a variety of things) but starting next week I've got a couple new projects that'll make me some cash. Alas, I am pretty broke until then - and it's never fun when your main goal over a holiday weekend is "not spending money". That means I probably won't be meeting up with many friends. A coffee quickly becomes a dinner date, and I honestly need to save every penny. Rats.

But that's reality. Focus on the positives - two work projects next week that'll keep me afloat. Proposals have been sent out to other possible clients, I may get some additional contracts. I am sober. I have my health. A walk in the park doesn't cost a dime.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm planning on going to the local summer fair tonight with bf and looking forward to that. I'm hoping to also swim as parent's pool closing after Labor Day as the weather here in VT changes pretty soon after. Reading, relaxing, cleaning, and food shopping in high order given first few days of school now over for myself and my students. Planning on checking in as my first long Labor Day weekend sober in quite some time. Bring it on....I have SR with me!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey soberC... I am heading to Maine end of September. A job offer came in and I am visiting to see if I want to move back. We shall see.

Hope you are well!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 29 for me and ready for a sober holiday weekend here. Hubby and I are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate our 4th anniversary. A little anxious since it will be the first year I won't be having cocktails/bottle of wine with dinner. But, I will remember the evening and that will be a first. Going to dinner at my Mom's on Sunday ad then having in-laws over on Monday since it is my MIL's birthday. That will be my hardest day because my in-laws are a trigger for me. Liquor stores are closed here on Monday so if I can make it until then I should be ok (no liquor in house).

Looking forward to getting through another weekend, sober, with all of you!

Happy Birthday, Zoe!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am ready!!! First sober holiday in...ummm...who knows how long! Nervous and excited and up for the challenge. Plan to keep myself really busy and enjoy some ice cream and pool time since it is going to be triple digit temps. Good luck to everyone!!!