Notices

weeKenders *ring ring* Aug 30, 31st and 1st Sept

Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Relaxing and watching movies today with my husband and daughter.
Sounds good

I haven't got off the couch except to eat , a planned lazy day

It's cloudy , overcast , a good day for it.

This afternoon I have a cookout to attend with a friend , good people , good food

Tomorrow not sure , depends on the weather

Enjoy the rest of today

Tr
Old 09-01-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I really can't believe I've almost made it through this weekend totally sober. It's been several years. I owe a lot to this site. I still think about it and I did have some cravings but I read more really thought about it and didn't cave. I'm totally feeling happier and stronger. Hugs to all.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday all! Just got back from a last-minute brunch with some friends. I ordered a virgin Bloody Mary! It was delicious!! I then went poking around a Chinese supermarket for fun. It was so interesting!!! Bye for now... 4S
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

howdy, weekenders!

i'm grateful to report that i'm having a lovely day today! nothing too exciting (mostly chores and stuff)... but i'm sober and that alcoholic b**** from yesterday has kept her fool mouth shut all day so far today!

i love seeing everyone getting through the weekend... keep it going!!

love to all...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi all...just sitting here relaxing thinking of my fellow weekenders. I caved and bought bad for me food, money I shouldn't have spent and now I feel like a fat pig...but better to be stuffed with food than poison!

Wishing you all continued peace, strength, and happiness as we continue our sober weekend!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Weekend Peeps,
Yarrr, I'm having a bad weekend. Lot of stress at home with the x. Couple of fights. A bidirectional torrent of resentments. This is only a temporary situation, but it feels like a marathon on broken glass. I've been leaning on SR a lot this weekend, which really helps. Don't know what I'd do without my friends here. Sure, I do. I'd get plowed under drunk. lol. Anyway, I got out of the house for a bit this afternoon. Went to work. They have a fully stocked liquor cabinet and fridge full of beer. It reached out a hand and tried to grab me as I walked by, but I slapped it. Ended up not working at all, but calling a friend instead. Went back home after a couple of hours and made peace with x. Well, maybe just a secession of hostilities, but better than nothing.

Really grateful for this thread and I'm thinking about all my peeps out there that are having good weekends and bad ones. Peace to all.

Yours,
Cas
Old 09-01-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Lots of cravings earlier today (It's Sunday night, the day before Monday Labor Day holiday). Biggest craving hit me around dinner time tonight when my alcoholic voice tried to trick me into thinking it would be ok to drink tonight because I can sleep-in tomorrow morning, but I stayed firm. No drinks tonight. And I'm glad the liquor store is closed tomorrow for the holiday. This is the first time in a long time in which I was actually glad the liquor store is going to be closed. :-)
Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Couldn't get motivated to do anything productive today. But, it would be worse if I were drinking. Then not only would I have been unproductive, but also anxious, sick and mad at myself. So, onward! A rather uneventful end of day 14, but still sober
Old 09-02-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Bump! Hey hey weekenders! Labor Day in the USA! So that only can mean one thing!

Another opportunity to have a sober holiday.

I had a very rough weekend. But I am making it work in my favor. Today is my Sunday and I will be keeping busy to stay out of trouble.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

what's the best way to start the last day of summer break? totally sober! and also sleeping in until 8am!!! yay!

have a good sober day, weekenders...
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey E! You stayed in bed till 8 and then got up and posted first thing! Love it!

Enjoy the day!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, weasel!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm still lying in bed and my weekenders was first on my mind! Let's rock this Labor Day sober my friends!! I have tons of work to do so when I eventually leave bed that will be my motivation to keep on keeping on without booze!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Why is it when I have to get up early and go to work, that I sometimes oversleep......and then when I don't have to get up early, because of a lovely holiday, I am wide awake before 6?
Might as well get up and go work in the garden.
Hope everyone is fine and sober on this Monday!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Today's menu.... Spicy crab corn chowder! I am trying to lose a few pounds but I have to have this..... It's my cheat for the week.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Just a monday here , you guys can pretend your from here if it eases things

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Weasel may I bring my spoon?!?! Mmmmmmm
Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

We have a family Labor Day picnic this afternoon. Fortunately it is free from alcohol! In the past, I would have definitely had a few drinks before arriving at this picnic, but this time, I'm going to the local bakery to pick up apple strudels for desserts. I'm determined that the strudel will be my treat this year instead of alcohol!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Just checking in to say that I made it through the weekend sober so I have 57 days today - officially the longest I've been without a drink for 13 years!! I feel great, so much more comfortable in my own skin than I ever thought I could be.

Happy Labor Day, our American friends!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders (in the US) and Happy Labor Day! It was good to catch up with everyone this morning reading your posts and congrats to those of you who withstood the temptation and made it through. It does get easier and easier as more days pass. I remember reading people saying that on here early on and rolling my eyes thinking, "Yeah, maybe for YOU it gets easier..." but, alas, it was true. It breaks my heart when I see that someone has gotten some good time under their belts and gives in to "just one" because it sets that whole damn wheel in motion again. I know that for sure, I've done it enough times. So whatever you can do to withstand the cravings when they hit, do so knowing that if you keep throwing time at it, it does indeed get easier.

It also helps me to think of it physiologically...maybe because I know how much damage alcohol and drugs really does to your body. I imagine my poor brain, all miswired and effed up from years and years of not being able to do its thing because I kept drowning it in poison. Then I think of how it is now half a year into healing, bandaids just coming off, just testing out its new neurotransmitters and pathways, starting to do what it was intended to do...and how, BAM, just like that I could set it back to the beginning. Like someone just getting a full body cast off and then tripping on a stair and taking a hard tumble. All those bones that have just set and gotten their range of motion back now all broken again and all those months of healing in a itchy cast again...

Don't know why I think of it this way but it helps me. So does looking at before and after pictures of people who stopped drinking and drugging. Wow. That'll scare the crap out of ya.

Anyway! On that happy note

Not too much happening in muggy Philly today. Went and saw "Blue Jasmine" (a Woody Allen flick) last night and have mixed emotions about it, as I always do with Woody Allen movies. Talk about inducing melancholy...

Gonna start the three hour trek back to DC early today to miss the weekend traffic and hit my favorite meeting tonight.

Will check in with you all later today. Stay strong!

(Ken, what time is dinner? That chowder sounds DIVINE!)