Notices

Not sure this will hit you like it hit me

Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure this will hit you like it hit me

I went outside this evening and walked down my driveway to the road. The lights that exist in SC where I live consist of moonlight pretty much. As I stood there in the middle of the road I started walking on the dbl yellow line separating the two lanes. I thought to myself, which side are you gonna take? The one side is life and sobriety the other is alcohol and death. One is going the direction you are facing the other is going back away from the way you're facing. I thought I can walk on the line right? NEGATIVE I had trouble walking the line sober. I then thought that I need to stay over to the edge so I know I'm in the right lane and safe, but what's on the other side of the line? What appears to be on the other side of the line is a level plain separated by a line. That's the deceit, once you fall over the line you realize it's just an illusion and you fall into a pit of despair, agony, pain, misery, etc...so you want to get out, you start to claw your way to the top, top level ground. Once you reach it through the long journey you think that you are safe. But, by His grace, you realize that your entire world has been shifted. It now teeters towards the pit. As if by some earthquake. So now you start heading and realize you always seem a bit prone to head into the pit, but even still realizing this one beautiful day you break your attention and off you go. Back down into the pit , so you repeat the whole agonizing process again, and again, and again.....only to realize that each time you claw your way out of the pit, your world has shifted more and more and more towards the pit . THE TIME FOR SOBRIETY IS NOW, NOT A SECOND LATER THAN WHEN YOU "GET" THIS!!!!!! Not sure anyone will, but it was just a contemplative thought I felt the need to share. Be well and don't believe the lies.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So well said. And with that I will say goodnight. I will be bringing that up again and again. Thank you.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ge, that's a great analogy. The side you choose to walk on. You can go backwards or forwards. Yes. I get that. I'm glad you are my chatfriend Ge.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good stuff! Yeah, it's a choice. Sometimes we don't see the enormity of a choice until much later. This choice is like that.