Notices

Day one, again

Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Day one, again

I woke up early this morning and poured out about a handle of liquor. I have drank 4 days in a row and as always began showing the signs, shaky hands, poor memory of an alcoholic.

I originally had 4 months sober and want that again so badly. I am praying about a a meetings to attend, none are very convenient for me, as I have 3 jobs and am very busy.

I am part of an email a a meeting, I love and am looking for one to two good meetings that aren't too far from home and at a convenient time, as I live out in the boonies.

Thanks for letting me join.

SJM155
Old 08-28-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome SJM! You have found a wonderful support group here on SR. As you can see from my join date, I've been here a while but I've been away. I hope to share day 2 with you tomorrow! GREAT job on pitching the liquor!!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there , I am on day two, last night I went out to my boat and there was two beers in the ice box (older boat) and I threw them overboard. The tide was not very strong and I watched them slowly drift away. I had a thought to get in my dingy and save them, hey what is two beers , i just watched them float away and felt proud of myself. PS I don't encourage littering!! Take care and congratulations on day 2.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's a meeting in the chat room Tuesday and Friday night at 9 Eastern. Not AA but supportive. I'm new here too but attended the Tuesday one, it was pretty good.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome SJM

we have general recovery themed meetings here twice a week, but have you thought about online AA meetings elsewhere?

D
Old 08-28-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to a very supportive site. I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Tonight is what scares me cuz I can sleep in on Sat. I'm going to try & schedule a friend to meet me at a aa meeting tonight or very early Sat morning. If not i will try to be at the chat group tonight.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome SJM.

I think it's great you are so committed to getting back to meetings...congrats on wanting to give it another shot.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, SJM. I found SR 4 days ago. I am now 5 days sober. This is my first attempt to stop drinking since I became an alcoholic 25 years ago. SR has been there 24/7 this week. When I want to drink, I am always able to find supportive people here to help. Good luck. Stay close. We are all in this together.