Notices

I'm so confused..

Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm so confused..

I think I'm a drug addict, but since I don't do heroin or meth or pop illegal pills everyday I always end up talking myself out of believing I really have a problem. I'm 17, I've done opiates, dxm, adderall, vyvanse, marijuana, and I've some how become addicted to benadryl I also love to drink. I look at my drug use as recreational not addiction, but I've grown very dependent on benadryl taking up to 12 25 mg pills everyday for weeks. I don't want to stop, but I know I need to. I'm so confused. I'm ranting sorry it just feels good to let it all out. Thanks for reading! xx
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Welcome to SR stellabb00,

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MTD

Welcome. Looks like you have taken the first step. Realizing you have a problem. That is very brave of you. Keep posting amazing support here. Stay strong.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR.

Originally Posted by stellabb00 View Post
I look at my drug use as recreational not addiction...
swimming is recreational. Drug use is altering your mind in the pursuit of a pleasurable sensation.

You want to disagree about being addicted, fine. But if you can't stop, despite your desire to, you have a problem.

Nip the problem now, at 17. It will only get worse.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stella. Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step. Sounds like addiction to me and you are coming out of denial years, even decades, ahead of many people.

Spend some time (as many minutes or hours you can squeeze into a day) on this forum reading everyone's stories. Replace today's-drug-of-choice with the word alcohol and you'll probably recognize yourself all over the place. Knowing how many of us are out there struggling and succeeding will help you make the next step.