Notices

Scared :(

Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Hayley, I am soo proud of you for being brave enough to admit your problem and asking for help is the hardest part! You are going to do GREAT. The people here seem to genuinely care about others and take recovery seriously.I have a 13.5 year old girl, they know more than we think they do exspecially when we' v been in active addiction. My daughters one of my biggest cheerleaders she's just soo happy to have her mommy back i bet ur girls will be the same. Love and prayers Every
Old 08-27-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello Hayley and welcome to SR.

Yes, it is very scary at first...I was petrified! I kept thinking there was no way I could survive without alcohol to 'help' me through stressful or difficult situations, but I was SO wrong.

Without drinking, I have just grown stronger every passing day. Difficult times happen of course, but every time I managed to get through it without drinking proved to me that it was possible.

And being sober brings so many rewards...losing that guilt and despair you spoke of being the main one.

You can do this, we will all help you x
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It would seem i have more things than my drinking problem to change! You see i work in a bar well 2 actually and I've just arrived at work 10 mins early and have been offered a drink already grrrr I refused and I'm having a quash instead of my usual cider :0) going straight from work to first meeting at 7pm. My point is think I'm gonna have to look for different work!

Feeling pretty pleased with myself so far.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have a 13.5 year old girl, they know more than we think they do.....
At 13 my stepdaughter said a friends "dad was a drinker and mom was a smoker(pot)". I looked at my wife and said "where did she learn that from?". They ain't stupid. More care needs to be taken to shield the little ones from adult behavior.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tink. I told my teenage daughter and she's delighted when she sees me pick up a cranberry juice or a glass of pellegrino. Only you can know if it is appropriate.

I'm sorry to hear you work in a bar. That has to be difficult. On the other hand, does watching the drunks get dumber and more pathetic as the night progresses give you motivation? . . . Who knows, maybe you will be someone's angel one day when you utter the words, "I don't drink." You could change someone's life.