SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Life really sucks sometimes (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/305438-life-really-sucks-sometimes.html)

quitforme79 08-26-2013 06:10 PM

Life really sucks sometimes

and is really difficult. Things have come up in my life that are serious and for once not a consequence of my own bad choices. So what? I will lose sleep over it tonight. Perhaps tomorrow some of the issues may be resolved. Hopefully. I will keep praying for the strength to handle it all as a sober AND mature person. Despite the rocks that keep coming this week, I don't want to drink. Drinking won't help anything. I am a grown up now. Sober at that. And sober grown ups don't "hide" behind bottles. Kinda sucks to deal with life clear headed sometimes. There's no instant fix anymore. Kinda beautiful too. Even if I am a victim in some situations I certainly do not have to play the part of one. I got bigger rocks to throw back...in sobriety I am resourceful, clear headed and have the wherewithal to fix what I can and leave the rest to my higher power or some other appropriate venue. As long as I don't pick up the first drink things usually work out better than okay:)

LadyBlue0527 08-26-2013 06:12 PM

Glad that you posted and excellent attitude! I hope that things work themselves out for you soon. You're right, drinking never helps!

quitforme79 08-26-2013 06:14 PM

Thank you ladyblue :) So funny but I JUST posted on your thread too lol

wakko 08-26-2013 06:46 PM

Good stuff!!! So far things have worked out just fine. Maybe not as I would have choose bit just fine none the less.

EndGameNYC 08-26-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by quitforme79 (Post 4144222)
...sober grown ups don't "hide" behind bottles. Kinda sucks to deal with life clear headed sometimes. There's no instant fix anymore.

Hey qfm.

What many of us have found is that our struggles during sobriety don't kill us, and that we're able to make better and more timely decisions on the bigger issues. And, as you've suggested, we sometimes eagerly anticipate engaging life's conflicts.

Dee74 08-26-2013 07:03 PM

sorry you're having a rough week Quit - but remember we have your back :)

D

resolute50 08-26-2013 07:13 PM

Sorry you are in rough waters.
Your post was like a lighthouse to me out in the fog.
Well said about pushing through adversity and not hiding behind a bottle.

Ptcapote 08-26-2013 09:32 PM

Thinking of you Quit and sending you strong vibes of support and serenity.

Hang in there :)

DisplacedGRITS 08-26-2013 10:21 PM

Sometimes, it feels like my sobriety is the one thing going right in my head and life. At least we have control over that, yes?

quitforme79 08-27-2013 05:10 AM

Thanks guys :) you all rock!

13unluckyforsom 08-27-2013 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 (Post 4144226)
Glad that you posted and excellent attitude! I hope that things work themselves out for you soon. You're right, drinking never helps!

Totally agree - awesome attitude to be able to have even in hard times.

13unluckyforsom 08-27-2013 05:27 AM

Ps I hope things resolve soon for you

SeekingGrowth 08-27-2013 05:31 AM

Awesome post, Quit. Thanks for sharing, and I hope your current challenges work out well.