Notices

I want to try again

Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Peaches,
Good to see you again and sorry about your tough weekend. I'd love to see you hang out on the weekend thread. You are always welcome no matter how your weekend goes.

Hugs,
Cas
Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks cas. I should have taken your advice. I will definitely be there this weekend!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Peaches. I'm glad you came here to talk about it. If it was me I'd probably be off on a long binge - I did it many times. You're willing to get right back to work. Sometimes we need a little extra proof that we can't drink socially - I know I did. You can do this, there's no doubt.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are right hevyn. I can't stop at one .
I don't remember saying or doing things. I'm spending money that we don't have. Its sickening. I want to sit back and watch everyone else be fools when they drink.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ok so my evening turned to crape. Husbands daughter has no money for school stuff for her kids. Only time she calls is when she needs money. Drain in our life. Long story wont bore you with the details. When tough things happen though I just automatically think... gosh I need a drink. Oh now that will make it all go away right?? Not. Anyway. I did not drink today. There is a 12 pack of beer in the fridge but it hasn't called to me and I'm not going to let it. Has anyone ever put soda or water in a beer can so it would look like you are drinking to avoid all the questions? I just want to be left alone. Friends will also say...you quit? Yeah right. We've heard that before.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaches58 View Post
Friends will also say...you quit? Yeah right. We've heard that before.
Wouldn't it be great to shock them all and just do it!!! It can be done. I have read many struggles and many success stories. It is possible. No??
Old 08-27-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
The first weekend is the hardest- they get easier after that
This is so true. Even only a few weeks in, I notice weekends don't fill me with fear like they used to. I know I have other options other than drink.

Peaches, I hope you are still feeling strong, and help is here on the weekend if you need it!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

End of day 2. Not so bad actually. I'll be glad when I don't think about it so much. Happy hour plans feel through for tomorrow. I'm. So glad but I had already decided it would be cokes. Another good nights sleep ahead. Thanks all.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Peaches, brush yourself off and try again. It's a journey. Keep going. Hopefully you learned a few things, such as, situations to avoid in the future. You can do this. I'm wishing you the best.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks pinkdog. Looking forward to day 3.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaches58 View Post
Has anyone ever put soda or water in a beer can so it would look like you are drinking to avoid all the questions? I just want to be left alone. Friends will also say...you quit? Yeah right. We've heard that before.
Those don't sound like great friends. Your good friends will support you. However, there is always a wise cracker in the crowd. I like to drink cranberry juice with a lime. You can also go with sprite and a cherry. Drinking from a beer can just to avoid questions could make you feel like there is something wrong with you. When really, there is something wrong with them. And you should be proud of yourself even if you've recently stumbled. Just my opinion.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi peaches, Day 3! Awesome!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
quat

To do it, you have to want it, really want it . Is faking not doing it helpful? Not just the aspect of appearance to others, but your own mental state.
btw you can do it, I just don't think there is a need to waste energy on what others think, odds are they won't be as concerned as you think, they'll be concentrating on their drinking not yours
Old 08-28-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Peaches, get a jigsaw puzzle; nothing takes your mind off drinking so quickly as to try to find the right piece.

Glad you are feeling better. One day at a time...
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Peaches : stick with it , your fantastic

I'm rooting for you

Tr
Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks so much all. Going to take your advice and will not try to "hide" the fact that I'm NOT drinking. I need to learn coping...I will need you all this sat evening for support. I'm hoping it will be easier than expected. Not thinking about that anymore till it's here. Tomorrow is what's next. Question....is an alcoholic ALWAYS an alcoholic...even after they quit? I don't I've heard of "recovering" smokers or "recovering" overeaters. Why does the word "alcoholic" have to stay with you forever? End of day 3. Made it!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

All we have is the present. Right here and now.

Just don't drink now. Worrying about what you did in the past or might do in the future is just your addictive voice, giving you excuses to not even try to quit.
Each time I tried to quit I learned something about myself and what works and what wouldn't.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Your screen names are making me hungry--peaches, Croissant...lol