Notices

Silly me!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Silly me!

Well - I let someone really get under my skin yesterday and my dr had given me some antihistamines with a mild sedative affect in them - so anyway F it mode kicked in and I took the whole strip. So now I'm left with nothing to help me sleep all week. Oh joy lol!!

Must have been rubbish anyway cos been up since 5am.

Anyway 1 week sober today seems to have went pretty quickly. I will maybe need to phone my go today and explain my stupidity to her oooooops
Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Emily - Did you know you can overdose on antihistamines? I would definitely give your Doc a call, bearing in mind it's bank holiday in England and Wales x

What Are the Signs of an Antihistamine Overdose?

Not trying to scare you pal and you'll probably be fine, but not something you really want to be doing xxxxxxxx
Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know - I'm in Ireland but its a bank holiday here too I'm sure. I honestly feel fine - I might go to accident and emergency later if need be ..,... Some kind family members took the initiative to empty all medicines out my house lol... I wasn't suicidal it was just I wanted numbed. It didn't work though it just made me feel like a fool having to tell someone what I'd done.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zoe I just read the link - I could keep my eyes open and got pretty agitated and restless but I feel ok today. But I will keep an eye on myself through out the day and drink plenty of fluids. Thanks for the info
Old 08-25-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're welcome xx I'm sure you'll be fine
Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
I know - I'm in Ireland but its a bank holiday here too I'm sure. I honestly feel fine - I might go to accident and emergency later if need be ..,... Some kind family members took the initiative to empty all medicines out my house lol... I wasn't suicidal it was just I wanted numbed. It didn't work though it just made me feel like a fool having to tell someone what I'd done.
Careful. It's virtually impossible to know how many overdoses were not intended to be successful suicides.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well I'm fine - I went to out of hours doc and she basically gave me two of the tablets I'd taken 13 of and still didn't manage a sleep - am I missing the boat here because it absolutely dumbfounded me how she thinks that someone who used to drink bottles of vodka a night would get any sort of calm from a flipping antihistamine! I'm getting agitated here. I feel like crying, throwing a tantrum and getting drunk. Honestly what gives!!!