Notices

Day 46

Old 08-25-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 46

46 days today, but I really want to drink....I know routine I feel better about myself now and feel as if I "deserve" a drink, but I know the rocky road that will lead me down... I just can't stop wanting to go have a drink or 2 or 6! It's been a struggle these past few weeks especially, I have isolated myself from all my "friends" that I used to drink with and they are wondering why I am not coming around any more even though they are good people I just don't feel strong enough yet to go out and be around that... But all I want right now is a beer and I can't stop thinking about it
Old 08-25-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you also want the 'sweats, shakes and sh**s' in the morning It' s not worth it Amanda. I had a REALLY bad day two days ago and getting through it, is the best feeling in the world - please try and hang in there xx
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

support can really help you get through those feelings amandanicole - I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 08-25-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Amanda,
I agree with the comments here. I have 61 days, and finally hit a rough patch. Not as much that I want a drink. Just more of a feeling of ennui and blahness, I am just uninspired. It is difficult navigating this feeling without drowning it. However, I feel grateful for so many posts of gratitude and excitement about the gifts sobriety brings with it.

The fact that I am not alone, and that this is common, helps me to relax and know that this feeling will pass. I was thinking of driving a car, and if you hit a patch of ice, you just glide over it, until you have traction again.

Floundering a bit, not craving alcohol, but just hoping that I wake up tomorrow with a more robust attitude.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts! I don't know why my brain still thinks that down the line I will be able or strong enough to handle to drink again and then my heart is telling me, touch that drink and it only gets worse... I have 2 voices in my head God and the devil... It's hard! Everyday! Day by day...
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello
I got to 6 weeks twice last year then drank. The next day I felt ill, guilt, shame,regret, fear, thought I'd never get sober. within a week I was back to 2 bottles of wine a night.

Perhaps you know it will not just be 1 beer? It really isn't worth throwing those 46 days away and getting drunk. It will just spiral out of control again. Each time I started back was so damned harder.

I'm 8.5 months now and the cravings so definitely lessen. 2-3 months was hard but it does get much much better. Please stick with it.Distract yourself, the cravings will pass
Old 08-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to stick with it because I Can't let my family down or myself down, I am done hurting myself and others over alcohal. The cravings and loneliness is just very painful! But it only makes you stronger, right? Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

I'm 8.5 months now and the cravings so definitely lessen. 2-3 months was hard but it does get much much better. Please stick with it.Distract yourself, the cravings will pass
Congrats on 8.5 months! Amazing!! Keep it up!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Amandanicole, Day 46? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Amanda, just tough it out, suffer through it, I did and 3 years 2 months sober all the cravings, that voice constantly saying have a drink, and the old drinking buddies have vanished. Don't miss it at all now. Rootin for ya.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amandanicole55 View Post
The cravings and loneliness is just very painful! But it only makes you stronger, right? Thanks again.
Yes,you're right.Each time you get through an episode like this you WILL feel stronger and believe in yourself just that little bit more. You will know you CAN get through it and the feelings will pass In time NOT drinking will feel normal and the thoughts lessen,become fleeting rather than constant. For me anyway.

Remember, no one ever woke up in the morning wishing they'd had a drink the night before. Many of us have woken up regretting having had a drink.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you!! And wow over 3 years I hope to see that one day! Congrats to u!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

Many of us have woken up regretting having had a drink.
Amen to that! That's why tommorrow will be another day without alcohal or drugs to hurt me! Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Try remember where it will end then think of the feelings you have in the morning when you haven't.
Think of all the bad stuff that drink caused and imagine it in a big pile by you then all the good stuff that has come or will come from sobriety and place that in a pile next to it, give each pile a feeling that is associated with them, like terror fear bleakness, and the other hope love future happiness and when you have a craving close your eyes and think of each pile infront of you. Then get on with your sobriety.
It helped me keep the AV down.
Good luck and your strength will come back and youll start going to friends or even newer friends.
John.