Notices

newly sober??

Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question newly sober??

Hi everyone! I'm sober 48 hrs coming off of percocet. Was onit for a year, up to 30-35 mgs aday. I miss me, I miss having my own charasmatic energy, I miss feeling emotions! I'm wanting to try soboxone cuz the withdrawl is crazy and the craving are almost unbearable!! Anybody have some info on what the best way to go thru all of this and STAY SOBER?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey sobersteph!
How's it going? Your on day two today? Awe, you are probably not feeling to great today. Glad you are here!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Have you talked to your dr? I have no experience to offer, but congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats for taking that step towards a clean and sober lifestyle! You are absolutely right, those Percs do nothing but numb you out and steal your ability to see all the beauty life has to offer you!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Welcome!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Only certain doctors, who have special training and are certified are allowed to perscribe it. Some accept insurance and some do not. They are rather expensive. Depending on your location, They may be few and far between. Do you know of any in your area? We do have a sub forum with lots of info from people who have chosen this route. I am an oppiate (pain killer) addict on suboxone for 6 months. It has changed my life.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 2. It'll get better. I know what it's like. The oily sweat, the crazy perception changes, the nutty half awake dreams, the horrid restless legs. It will get better! You've gone through two days. Don't throw that away. For me I was much better after 3-4 days. It should get better soon. The advice of contacting a doctor is a great idea as well.

The hard part is the long haul afterwards. The brain is really good at forgetting the horrors of withdrawal.

Be strong and take care of yourself. You deserve to be well. Opioid addiction is a war you can win.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To all ; yes I'm on day 2, reading your replies made me teary eyed and gave me hope! There is a clinic in my area I'm going to tomorrow morning, that accepts insurance! I have 3 little ones and a more than supportive fiance( whom is not an addict) to care for! Ill be going to the clinic first thing in the am, opens at 9 a friend of mine who was on soboxone told me about it, . My craving right now are strong, but the fiance says he's not letting me leave the house lol, which is the best thing. I know once I get to the clinic and on something to help, ill be ok. My boss knows I need a few days off, and is supportive as well. I came to this site obv for more support and advice! It makes me feel great that complete strangers can give me hope, and learn that I can be "me" again in tine thank you all!!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sobersteph,
I'm glad your going to the clinic. There is a sub forum on this sight if you want to read people's experiences with sub.

Good luck! You can do this!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So I've red some of the forums on suboxone, left me a little confused, but needless to say I'm still going to clinic first thing in the am, I'm scared ill be replacing my addiction with another but the clinic is a methadone clinic that offers suboxone, so ill give it a shot, I've heard this place helps, I just don't want to be on it for long term, I have strong hope! We want to have a baby, and I canted do that if my "womb is polutted" lol. Thank u all for taking the time to read by blabbering, but blabbering is good in times like this! Ill post tomorrow about how it went!! Goodnight all!!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had to go through withdrawal from fentanyl (it's prescribed, but had an insurance issue about generic/non generic that held up my prescription for two days) and it scared the living daylights out of me. I know how awful you must feel (this made alcohol withdrawal look like a walk in the park). My Dr was kind enough to give me a three day prescription for suboxone (which was covered...go figure). It took away the withdrawal completely. I don't know about withdrawal from suboxone, because I went back on fentanyl right away, but I was relieved beyond belief to take this medicine.

Good luck! Opiate withdrawal is fairly quick, I've heard. I was on another pain medicine called Lyrica that took months to come off of, and I was more miserable than I've ever been in my life.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck tomorrow Stephie - and welcome to SR

D
Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Stephanie,,
I'd just like to really wish you well as you move forward with all this. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR x
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick update. So I went to the clinic, unfortunately I'm not a suitable candidate for the suboxone program!! (For it to be covered under my insurance) so, have decided to do cold turkey, as I didn't want to be on methadone! Today is day 4, and. I honestly don't feel all that bad! They say withdrawl is. Hell, but all I have experienced is the sweats and hot n cold flashes, plus the low energy! MY energy is returning, and I'm going to work for a few hrs today! Who knew it could be so simple? I find that I'm a hell of a lot more calm, and patient, which is essential when u have kids!! The universe is definatly strange, and must really want this for me, to show so much mercy in my recovery! Blessed to have this day, and many more to come