Notices

Day 8

Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Well I slept ok but I walked really late last night . Going to walk again this afternoon. I have a lot of work and school stuff to do and I feel very scared and inadequate. It feels good to be on day 8
Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8. One thing that helps me stay sober is that I feel so inadequate on the day after drinking. I hate that feeling.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 8. Walking was the thing that helped me the most when i was first getting sober. If i felt scared or worried (which was often) i would go for a walk. It stopped me thinking as much and made me feel like i was doing something to improve my situation. I think your confidence and feelings of inadequacy will improve with more sober time. Try and have a peaceful day.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I woke up and read for a while. I walked for a long time, then went swimming, and I was surprised how strong I still am. Then I got a hummus and veggie sandwich for lunch with a big spring water. Now I have to read for the rest of the night and plan for my classes. A little stressed but I feel good today. No desire to smoke or drink. Sometimes I feel sad but I am learning to just feel it and let it pass. Being alone is ok with me right now, I need to find out who I am and what I want.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're welcome and Congratulations!

If it makes you feel any better I'm on day 370 and I'm having a chit day too. If you're breathing air, it's gonna happen. A friend of mine once said ....Life is hard. Its really hard if you're stupid.

I agree with that statement.

Stay Strong!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job Ach; if I can do day 7 you can do day 8 + remember that were all in this together
Old 08-25-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

just got back from meeting. Gonna make this one my homegroup. Lots of reading and planning to do for tonight. But I am glad I made it to the meeting.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 8 is great, Acheleus.

Feeling inadequate - I can relate. I think that's our alcoholism, that spiritual malady that lurks behind the mental and physical aspects of it all. I am "restless, irritable and discontent" from my malady.

I'm glad you've found a home group - somewhere to belong, and get moving on working on that malady and FEEL BETTER!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I want to feel better. Going for another walk. Not really sure why but it helps me get outside of my negative self talk and insecurity.