Notices

need support no where else to turn

Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi friend,

Please, please don't go backwards. It won't help your relatioship with your girlfriend, it will only set you back and make you feel even worse. You know this. Stay here and turn off your phone. Chin up!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Life happens for what a reason I don't know . I drove to see my girlfriend then thought better of it. I needed to think it through. Anyway i stopped at a convenience store and there's this guy i know. His heads banged up so i ask him what happened. As i got closer i could smell he'd been drinking. I ask what's going on and breaks down crying tellin me his girlfriend left him after 19 years. I immediately was worried about him. I reached out and hugged him , explaining that drinking wasn't gonna help. I suggested a meeting or to talk to someone. He don't have noone , she was all he had. We talked outside where i offered my support , phone number. He cried some more saying , thank you , thank you through tears. I go from helpless to helper . I don't know , it's life , right before my eyes. I need to be strong for it . I will
Old 08-25-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm not a religious man in any sense, but this feels pretty important. A pretty fortuitous meeting.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hi Ricky.

After a time in sobriety, many of us are able to better manage our anger, and to quickly repair the damage we do. This is available to you as well.

"need support no where else to turn"

It may be a good time to work on the "no where else to turn" part so that you'll have a better, more immediate defense against texting your dealer.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

TR, you know you are my favorite I am sorry this happened but I can relate. Please do not use, you are such a great guy and so supportive of everyone else. Throw some of that love at yourself. I know your situation seems grim at the moment but as many have said using will just make it worse. Remember how great you felt stringing all those sober days together? I know you can do this. Please keep posting. I am praying for you!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up. My boyfriend snaps at me occasionally when he's under alot of strain at work. He almost always immediately apologizes.

Oh, and delete your dealer from your contact list...will make it easier not to relapse.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I did not use today , thanks to you. I apologized and was given another chance , albeit one last chance.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Life happens for what a reason I don't know . I drove to see my girlfriend then thought better of it. I needed to think it through. Anyway i stopped at a convenience store and there's this guy i know. His heads banged up so i ask him what happened. As i got closer i could smell he'd been drinking. I ask what's going on and breaks down crying tellin me his girlfriend left him after 19 years. I immediately was worried about him. I reached out and hugged him , explaining that drinking wasn't gonna help. I suggested a meeting or to talk to someone. He don't have noone , she was all he had. We talked outside where i offered my support , phone number. He cried some more saying , thank you , thank you through tears. I go from helpless to helper . I don't know , it's life , right before my eyes. I need to be strong for it . I will
WOW!!! That gave me chills!!! That encounter was meant to be!! Doesn't it feel nice to be the helper???
Old 08-25-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

trikyriky, you are such a friend, I hope, in fact I KNOW, you will weather through this. We, some of us, have so many stumbles along the way.... don't beat yourself up over it. Just keep going (oh I hate to say this: "toward the light")!!!

It IS a journey, not a destination.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

riky...

way to go! so glad you stayed sober...
Old 08-25-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Triky you did great. One hurdle at a time.