Notices

Hi my name is

Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Hi my name is

Hi, my name is Every short for every day is a miracle. Well thats not really my name but its so true. I am 34 ive been an addict well forever it seems. My story started with pot and boonsfarm my grandparents owned a bar my parents were hippies i come from along line of addicts, i started growing and smoking weed with my parents, you know cause its safe at home right? Wrong i thought it was so cool to have cool parents and a stocked bar at home. And in alot of ways it was until my little sister 14 months younger tried to commit suicide, i found her in the bathtub with a pistol. My parents put her in a hospital and tried to fix her. Maenwhile i was trying all kinds of drugs, i mean i have done them all! Sadly my sister did kill herself and i lost my best friend. My new best friend was drugs the only friend i wanted. When i was 19 i got pregnant with my daughter and got sober for a while 18 months. She was my higher power eventually the drugs sucked me back in and when she was six i tried crack , for the first time within a month i tried to od and my inlaws took my daughter. I really felt hopeless i checked into rehab for nine days then left. I thought i could quit drugs and alchohol would be safe, it's legal my addictional always lying, so cunning is this disease! I did get visitation and had two years where i hid my addiction really well. In 2009 i was driving buzzed and totaled the car i broke my neck and had a halo brace in my skull for eighto months.Now im totally addicted to opiates,which eventuallybled to meth wich led me to prison. In prison i finally had enough! I surrendered my will to God and admitted i was completely powerless over drugs and alchohol. Over the next eighteen months i completed bootcamp and an intensive drug and alchohol program i took every opportunity given to me to change my brokenness. I stayed sober while i was in prison even when it would have been easy not to. I have been out of prison fr two and a half months, i am now in an outpatient proram and working the 12 steps with my sponser i am happy to say i have been sober for 20. Months! I never thought i would live through my drug addiction. I am a walking miracle every day gets a little better. I still have alot of trials but i have never been this happy. I know this is a long story but if it inspires one person it will be worth it. I think this site is awesome and if your sober today so are you. Thank you , love and prayers every.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you every for that inspiring story. Welcome to Sr. Sobriety rocks!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for your share every - from another walking miracle!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi every,
Well done on the 20 months and welcome to SR.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. Your story inspires me. I'm struggling.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR and congrats on your sober time! I'm glad you found us.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Great post, Every (good name, too!) I'm sure the inspiration will touch many
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic hun