Notices

Happy & Sad - Had a Drink!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy & Sad - Had a Drink!

Hi Guys!

5 days sober on Friday, found myself having a lager this evening, thought "what am I doing, that was too easy"! Thankfully did not have anything else! It was so easy for my AV to trick me, am ok though.

On the other hand, I am so pleased as one of my friends who I was so worried about is 14 days sober been going to 2 meetings a day

Tomorrow is another day for me, it has realised I want this very much!

Luv
Jackie cx

Ps - since I had the lager I have a serious pain in the top part of my stomach, feels like somebody is twisting things inside
Old 08-24-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong, Jackie! Please stay strong! I watched my fiance (ex now because of this) come off a 3 week, grueling medical detox and go back to drinking heavily less than a month later. It all started with one drink, 2 days in a row. He did t drink for a few days then slipped again, this time having 2 drinks, then progressed into more and more. He's now drinking heavily again and is beginning to have many of the physical symptoms he had pre-detox. And he was in bad, bad shape. He couldn't eat as it all came up and couldn't walk. He talked about how good he felt sober and bow miserable he was before detox, but he is still letting the disease control him. He's lost everyone and everything that meant anything to him. Don'tet this happen to you! You are strong and important and deserve health and happiness! Do whatever you need to do NOT to have that drink!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Shayda's post is excellent JAC - don't start sliding down that slippery slope.
It's really easy to gather momentum.

There's no need to beat yourself up but its good to acknowledge you did something you committed to not doing. This thing is powerful and relentless, and it's going to take a bit of effort.

If you're just using SR for your recovery, I really encourage you to reach out to us next time you find a lager in your hand

If you're concerned by your pain I hope you'll see a Dr
D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-24-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for your kind words and advice. I am currently sat with a hot water bottle on my stomach and having a cup of tea in bed xx